As we celebrate the Chairman's 77th birthday today, here are some interesting fact you may not know about Kaizer "Chincha Guluva" Motaung as a player and coach.
1. As coach he led Kaizer Chiefs to the 1977 league title.
2. The Chiefs Chairman has coached the club in various spells, winning six trophies at the helm of the first team, making him the club's joint third most successful coach in terms of winning official trophies.
3. His first league goal as a Chiefs player came in a 2-2 draw against Bantu Callies on 20th May 1972.
4. His first hat-trick for Kaizer Chiefs came in 1972, against Kimberley Dalton Brothers in a 6-1 victory for Amakhosi on the 29th July 1972.
5. He scored 54 goals as a player for Chiefs in official league and cup games between 1971 and 1976.
6. His best scoring season as a Chiefs player was in 1975, when he managed to score 20 goals, 13 in the league and 7 in the cup.
7. He scored 10 goals in cup matches in the 1975 season, which included 6 goals against Bluff Rangers in the Chevrolet Champions of Champions Quarterfinal in a 12-1 win.
Topic: Kaizer Motaung, Kaizer At 77, Sports, Football, Amakhosi, Kaizer Chiefs
Content created and supplied by: Pascal_Nx (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More