Sithebe Kaizer Chiefs"/>
The previous AmaZulu midfielder was one of five players who made their presentations for the Glamor Boys, four of those in Arthur Zwane's beginning XI
Playing in focal midfield, Siyethemba Sithebe made a promising Kaizer Chiefs debut against Royal AM at the Chatsworth Stadium on Saturday.
Likewise playing their first matches in the wake of participating in the slow time of year were Yusuf Maart, Zitha Kwinika, Dillon Solomons and Ashley du Preez.
While Sithebe intrigued with his work-rate and industry, in general it was anything but a particularly motivated execution from the Soweto side.
Bruce Bvuma" height="1080" width="1920"/>
GOALKEEPER: Bruce Bvuma - 7
- Made a good save in the first half and then a breathtaking stop in the second stanza to somehow keep Nascimento’s 70th minute volley out. Wasn't at fault for the goal.
RIGHT-BACK: Njabulo Blom -5
- Had an excellent first half, combined well with Dolly. But was caught out a couple of times in the second half and faded.
CENTRE-BACK: Siyabonga Ngezana - 5.5
- Tenacious and determined, there were however times when Ngezana and his new defensive partner Zitha Kwinika were cut open by the home attack. A mixed evening.
CENTRE-BACK: Zitha Kwinika - 6
- A solid enough debut, he showed promise. Still needs to tighten things up a bit though with Ngezana.
LEFT-BACK: Reeve Frosler - 5
- Gave his side some good options on attack, but on too many occasions he failed to deliver the killer ball into the box.
CENTRAL MIDFIELD: Cole Alexander - 5
- Worked hard to help protect his defence, but never really stamped his authority on the game and didn't offer too much going forward. Subbed 20 minutes into the second half.
CENTRAL MIDFIELD: Siyathema Sithebe - 7
- Covered every blade of grass with a superb effort after being sidelined so long by his previous club. A very satisfactory debut after making his move from AmaZulu, he offered a lot going forward and in winning the ball.
CENTRAL MIDFIELD: Yusuf Maart - 6
- Played in some decisive passes and made a bright debut as he kept Chiefs ticking in the engine room. Lost his way a bit in the final 20 minutes though with sloppy passes.
FORWARD: Keagan Dolly - 5
- A frustrating afternoon for the Bafana forward as his final ball was too often lacking. Did test the home keeper with a sizzling free kick late on.
FORWARD: Ashley du Preez - 6
- Started well but then lacked composure with a poor finish and faded after that.
FORWARD: Khama Billiat - 6
- Got into good positions, tried to make things happen but it just would not fall for the ex-Sundowns man.
SUBSTITUTE: Nkosingiphile Ngcobo - 5
- Came on for Alexander but was unable to exert his creative influence to any real affect.Backpagepix.
SUBSTITUTE: Dillon Solomons - 6
- Replaced Blom in the 79th minute and showed confidence to take an 89th minute free kick which sailed not far wide.
For more relevant and timeous news, follow Ntao_Raks
Content created and supplied by: Ntao_Raks (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More