The South African Football Association's (Safa) petition to Fifa over Bafana Bafana's 1-0 World Cup qualifying loss to Ghana in Cape Coast on November 14 has been denied. Ghana qualified for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar by the slimmest of margins, tied with South Africa on 13 points and goal difference in Group G but having scored more goals.
"Safa will evaluate its options after FIFA's rejection of its objection following Bafana Bafana's contentious 1-0 defeat to Ghana's Black Stars last month," Safa announced on Friday evening. Safa CEO advocate Tebogo Monthlante said that after the decision is determined, Safa would sit down and assess its alternatives.
"We got the judgment without information," Motlanthe was reported as saying. "We will seek an explanation from Fifa and assess our alternatives."
According to Ghanasoccernet.com, a Fifa statement states: "The disciplinary committee declared the protest lodged by SA inadmissible because it did not meet the requirements set out in article 46 of the Fifa disciplinary code and article 14 of the Regulations for the FIFA World Cup 2022 Preliminary Competition."
The ruling is appealable."
Safa thought that the away encounter in Cape Coast was manipulated and requested an investigation by Fifa into the behavior of Senegalese referee Maguette Ndiaye, who gave the game-winning penalty and made multiple other dubious decisions in favor of the West Africans. Safa demanded a rematch at a neutral site and the prosecution of Ndiaye and his assistants, Samba Elhadji Malick (assistant one), Camara Djibril (helper two), and Gueye Daouda (fourth referee).
Safa communicated with FIFA and the Confederation of African Football, including a report by former Fifa referee Andile "Ace" Ncobo.
Ncobo said in the study that 90.9 percent of the wrong judgments made by Ndiaye, which was an extremely high percentage, were against Bafana. He said that this demonstrated the game was "unlawfully influenced" and that, under Fifa regulations, Ghana's 1-0 victory should be declared null and invalid. According to TimesLIVE sources, after submitting papers that included Ncobo's assessment, Safa undertook more study into the controversial disagreement and notified Fifa and Caf of the fresh findings.
Content created and supplied by: The_Inspector (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More