Players' injuries are one of the sport's worst nightmares, but they are unfortunately an unavoidable part of the game. When a key player suffers a short or long-term injury, clubs and national teams bear the brunt of the consequences.
Players are human beings, and although some are particularly prone to injuries and can be hurt by with the tiniest contact, others are more injury resistant and can continue to play even after numerous strong challenges and tackles.
In this article, I'll talk about the top five athletes who don't get hurt easy.
1. Dirk Kuyt: Until his retirement from professional football, the former Liverpool winger was a durable player who was rarely injured. Since his debut in 1998, Dirk Kuyt has missed a total of 42 league games before retiring.
2. Inaki Williams: The Athletic Bilbao striker has not missed a La Liga match since 2016, and he has played more than 203 consecutive La Liga matches without injury or suspension, breaking the La Liga record. This is an extraordinary achievement that may not be matched for a long time.
3. Thomas Müller: The German winger/midfielder is one of the world's most injury-resistant players. When it comes to fitness and consistency, he is one of Europe's top athletes. Thomas Müller has only had seven injuries between 2014 and 2021, allowing him to maintain his peak performance for several years.
4. Lionel Messi: The seven-time Ballon d'Or winner is one of the most dependable players in history. He has been able to stay at the top of his game for many years due to his remarkable fitness levels. Lionel Messi has missed 121 games since the start of his career, according to transfer market.
5. Cristiano Ronaldo: The Portuguese superstar is one of the most physically fit athletes on the planet. His physique is phenomenal, and he takes the finest possible care of it. Cristiano Ronaldo has only missed 61 games due to injury since the start of his career, which is an outstanding record.
What are your thoughts on these players' fitness levels? Please share your thoughts in the comments box below.
Content created and supplied by: Ginks (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More