On Match day 4, we saw some fantastic performances from Premier League teams, and I'll be presenting you my greatest team of the week ahead of the UEFA Champions League matchups on Tuesday and Wednesday.
1. Goalkeeper: After making six saves against Aston Villa last night, Mendy helped Chelsea secure another three points. He has been playing quite well in the Premier League, and he also performed admirably against Liverpool last week.
3. CB: Mohammed Salisu, a 22-year-old Ghanaian defender, made eight clearances and four interceptions against West Ham United yesterday. I chose to add the African defender to my week's top team.
4. (RB) Kyle Walker.
5. LB: Left-back (Scotland) Tierney performed admirably against Norwich City, and the team gave the fans exactly what they expected. Mikel Arteta's men earned their first three points in the Premier League this season.
6. CM: Paul Pogba has been on fire in the Premier League, and the French midfielder had two assists against Newcastle United.
7. CM: Against Aston Villa, Croatian midfielder Kovacic was at his best, scoring twice and assisting once. I chose to make him a member of my finest team of the week.
8. LW: Cristiano Ronaldo, On his debut, Manchester United forward Cristiano Ronaldo scored a brace.
9. RW: Aubameyang, a Gabonese forward, scored Arsenal's first Premier League goal of the season against Norwich City, and he played extremely well.
10. FW: Romelu Lukaku.
11. FW: After Edouard scored a brace on his Crystal Palace debut against Tottenham, I decided to include him in my best team of the week.
What is your thought on this? Drop your comment below and don't forget to follow me for more updates.
Content created and supplied by: FutureSA (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More