Many things have changed for these European clubs since Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi left their old clubs (FC Barcelona and Juventus, respectively), ranging from. Based on the club's current form and figures so far this season, it's clear that these two players' presence mattered a lot to their old squad.
Since the start of the 2021/2022 football season, former Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi's clubs (Juventus and FC Barcelona) have been fearful.
Check out Juventus' statistics from the Seria A and the Uefa Champions League.
1. On August 22, 2021, Juventus traveled to Udinese for a Seria A match and were held to a 2-2 draw.
2. In match week 2 of the Italian Seria A league, Juventus lost 0-1 at home to Empoli on Saturday, August 28th, 2021.
3. The old lady's (Juventus) traveled to Napoli for their third league match on Saturday, September 11th, 2021, and lost 2-1.
4. On Tuesday, September 14th, 2021, Juventus defeated Malmo 3:0 in their Uefa Champions League group stage match.
5. On September 19th, the Old Lady's (Juventus) hosted Inter Milan in their fourth Serie A match. The League's defending champions held them to a 1-1 draw.
So far this season, the 2019 Italian Seria A Champions have won five games.
Check out FC Barcelona's stats so far this season in the Spanish Laliga and the UEFA Champions League.
1. On Sunday, August 15th, 2021, Barcelona faced Real Sociedad in their first Spanish Laliga match, which they won by two goals (4-2).
2. On August 21, 2021, Barcelona traveled to Atletico Madrid for their second Spanish La Liga match. After 90 minutes, they tied 1-1 with Athletic Club.
3. On August 29, 2021, FC Barcelona will host Getafe. They were able to defeat their La Liga rivals 2-1.
4. Barcelona's match against Sevilla in the fourth week has been postponed.
5. On September 14, 2021, Barcelona played Bayern Munich in their first Uefa Champions League group stage match. They couldn't hold off Bayern Munich's pressure and fell 3:0.
6. Ronald Koeman's men drew 1-1 with Granada in their Club's La Liga match week 5 on September 20th, 2021.
FC Barcelona has won only two, drawn two, and lost one of its five games so far this season.
Do you believe the absence of these players had a significant impact on these clubs?