In the world of football, Lionel Messi has continued to establish new milestones.
However, there are a few records that Lionel Messi has that few people are aware of.
1. In 2012, he scored a brace in ten consecutive games. It's hard to believe Lionel Messi managed to score 10 straight braces, but he did.
2. In a single season, he was the only player to win both the Golden Boot and the Best Playmaker awards.
3. In a calendar year, the most goals (91) were scored.
4. Between February 19, 2012 and February 13, 2013, Lionel Messi scored 101 goals, a total of 101 goals in less than a year. We all know how good Lionel Messi was in 2012, but the fact that he scored 100 goals in 359 days astonished me.
5. Cristiano Ronaldo was the first current player to score 1,000 goals in his career, and he did so at the age of 36, whereas Messi did so at the age of 33.
6. With 21 consecutive goals, the Argentine holds the record for the longest scoring run.
7. He is the all-time leading assist provider.
8. Despite never having played in England, Lionel Messi has scored 26 goals against the English Premier League Big 6. Scoring 26 goals against the Big 6 is impressive enough, but doing so while not even competing in the English Premier League is ridiculous.
9. In a single LaLiga season, he scored 50 goals, the most in the history of Europe's top five divisions.
10. In 2012, he set a new league record for the most goals scored in a calendar year, with 59. Because of the way Lionel Messi plays and the form he had while at FC Barcelona, these records don't surprise me all that much. It just goes to show how talented Lionel Messi is.
Like and share with friends
Content created and supplied by: Unspoken-Creator (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More