Five people were murdered after four vehicles crashed on the N2 in KwaZulu-Natal on Sunday evening, prompting Port Shepstone police to investigate possible cases of blamable manslaughter.
Colonel Thembeka Mbele, a police spokesman, confirmed that four vehicles were involved in a collision on the N2 near the Umtentweni Toll Plaza on Sunday about 4.30 p.m.
"Five people between the ages of 40 and 50 passed away at the scene," Mbele said.
"At least seven persons were injured and brought to a nearby medical clinic."
According to Mbele, one of the automobiles attempted to overpower and smashed into an incoming vehicle, causing two vehicles to collide and one to tumble.
Ncalane stated that the division would investigate the cause of the accident, that their teams had arrived at the scene and had begun the preliminary investigation, and that they expect the report to be completed soon.
"We're also looking into the potential outcomes of physically inspecting all of the vehicles and questioning the drivers, given that there are credible claims that one of the drivers was under the influence of alcohol at the time of the accident." Nonetheless, that is now unsubstantiated, but it will be crucial for the examination," Ncalane said.
According to him, the street was closed and traffic was rerouted to the R102.
Following reports of an accident on the N2 Umtentweni district, the KwaZulu Private Ambulance (KZPA) management reacted.
When KZPA arrived on the site, they discovered four vehicles had been engaged, according to KZPA.
When paramedics arrived on the site, they discovered three patients with basic wounds, according to the emergency vehicle administration. Two individuals had actual wounds, while three others had minor wounds.
The victims were treated on the spot before being sent to an emergency center for further treatment.
"Unfortunately, five patients had sustained mortal wounds and had submitted to their wounds when crisis administrations arrived," according to KZPA.
Content created and supplied by: Bright (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More