Three deaths were reported and motorists were warned
An accident on the R6, Ramsgate, yesterday morning.
Drivers are urged to be careful on the road as it will be a long weekend, to avoid accidents.
The plea comes after the deaths involving a small car at 9.30am.
"We investigated the situation and found three people dead and injured," said Botha.
He said rescue workers had worked quickly to prevent the blaze from catching other vehicles.
KwaZulu-Natal police spokesman Captain Nqobile Gwala said a case of culpable homicide was being investigated at Margate police station.
Arrive Alive has issued instructions to people who will be traveling on the road as it is a long weekend.
Among the things they said should be noted are:
* Before you start a trip, you need to get enough rest and sleep for about six hours before the trip.
* Anxiety or illness can cause you to be distracted on the road.
* Plan your trip, have enough fuel or diesel.
* Check your car for maintenance, light, mirrors, and brakes. Look at the air on the wheels, see if there is a drop.
* After driving for two hours, rest for 15 minutes.
* Wear sunglasses to avoid bruising, eye pain when driving.
* Do not drink while driving.
* If possible, take someone with you on the road while you are driving.
* Follow the rules of the road, be careful of the car behind you and in front of you.
* Slow down, especially when the road is wet.
Content created and supplied by: Moeletsi (via Opera News )