Sign in
Download Opera News App

News Society


Crime Justice


Rape Obscene

I’m A Bad Person, I Don’t Deserve To Live” -S3x Predator Confesses After Police Arrest [More Info]

Following is a full report written by Manasseh Azure Awuni of The Fourth Estate, who recalls the dramatic circumstances surrounding Jonathan Ohene Nkunim's arrest and subsequent confession to Manasseh and the police. Before you begin, please read the following report:

A romantic movie scenario came to mind when Jonathan Ohene Nkunim called out to his wife for a final hug before they parted ways.

She paused, as if she wasn't sure whether to give in or back away from the table. After that, she complied.

It was his arms outstretched as he moved towards her. It was folded across her chest, as was hers. And she leaned forward for a hug, not making eye contact with the tall man who was holding her carefully and looking at her with affection as she did.

It was a slow-moving performance that was full of emotions.

Mr Nkunim offered words of encouragement in hushed tones. They didn't appear to have any effect on her mood. She was in a state of shock. It's a legitimate concern.

It was 7:30 a.m., and Mrs Nkunim, who was nursing a three-month-old baby, was the target of half a dozen uninvited guests who were peering in through the open door. It was as if they had broken into her house and destroyed the sanctity of her early morning alone.

The guests, who hadn't given her any indication of their presence, didn't say much. However, their mere existence gave enough evidence to suggest that her eight-year marriage might never be the same again.

In spite of the fact that she had not anticipated the uninvited morning visit, she had anticipated disturbance to her life and the lives of every member of her family within the previous 24-hour period.

On the previous day, she had caught a glimpse of a teaser for an investigative documentary that had not yet been shown. The documentarian's working title was "The Unlicensed S3x Predator." For whatever reason, someone had forwarded the trailer to her, whether it was the right or bad cause.

The villain in the investigative piece was cited in the trailer as saying, "If it were true, I should be in jail by now," which was taken from the film.

Jonathan Ohene Nkunim, her husband, was the one who made the daring declaration; he was also the one who had vowed to her that he would be faithful to her.

Women who came to his health institution, Nature's Hand Therapeutic Centre, in Gbawe were accused of sexually abusing him, according to the police. When the investigative journalist initially approached him, he categorically refuted the allegations and challenged his accusers to provide evidence to support their claims.

"I really wanted to confess to you, but I wasn't sure if I could trust you or not," he would later tell the writer in a subsequent interview. The journalist was one of six individuals who paid him a visit at his residence that morning. The others were police officials from the Police Intelligence Directorate, and they were all in uniform (PID).

Mrs Nkunim was not only concerned that such serious claims had been leveled against her husband, but she was also concerned about her own safety. She and her spouse were aware that the charges were accurate since he claimed he had confessed to her about the allegations.

Mr Nkunim had told the guests that his wife was his primary source of concern as the issue unfolded. The impending doom was going to have a significant impact on the breastfeeding mother. The gospel singers' collective reputation would be harmed as a result of his embarrassment.

The expressions on the face of Mrs Nkunim, which seemed like she was too stunned and sorrowful to cry, were understandable. Despite her best efforts, her marriage was on the verge of disintegrating. And it was because her spouse had damaged so many other marriages and relationships before hers was ruined.

He had a number of victims, including a couple who went to Nature's Hand Therapeutic Centre in 2018 to seek his assistance in order to become pregnant. He ended up having sexual relations with the woman. She felt bad about the affair and revealed it to her husband, who was relieved. And that was the way the seven-year marriage came to an end.

A young woman was on the verge of committing suicide because the heart-wrenching pain emanating from her spinal cord had convinced her that ending her life was a better alternative than continuing to suffer. Someone offered her a lifeline, which turned out to be Jonathan Ohene Nkunim's phone number.

Ohene Nkunim raped her on the very first day she attended the institution, where she was in pain and lying on the massage bed when it happened.

During their subsequent WhatsApp discussion, he left incriminating material that she may use against him. When he was caught with her, he confessed that he had not asked her permission first. M3xual arousal, according to Mr Nkunim, was essential for the procedure he wished to undertake. He admitted that he should have "sensitized" her before ahead with the procedure. Mr Nkunim then expressed his regrets unreservedly. He, on the other hand, did not stop.

The following time she came to visit, he slept with her. It took place until she was transferred to another facility to finish her treatment.

Because of the stigma associated with their ordeal–s3x–these and other victims had suffered in silence for a long time. They stated that they were afraid to speak up under a system that placed blame on the victims rather than the perpetrators of the crime. However, they finally found their voices and spoke out to a journalist they felt they could trust, despite their initial reservations.

Jonathan Ohene Nkunim had been dreading the arrival of such a day, and he hoped against hope that it would never arrive. When an investigative journalist from The Fourth Estate paid him a visit three months ago, he categorically denied all of the allegations. He had to close his facility for a period of time as a result of that visit and a subsequent inquiry from the health regulatory authority by the journalist. His persistence paid off, and the facility became operational once more.

In his perspective, he had successfully navigated a potentially perilous obstacle, and everything was returning to normal. The trailer for the documentary, on the other hand, made him feel uneasy.

Jonathan Ohene Nkunim told the police and the media the following morning that he had summoned the guts to confess to his wife about his evil deeds–his unrestrained sexual escapades–the previous night. His wife, he claimed, had recognized his flaws and was assisting him in his efforts to change.

The investigative documentary brought him to tears as he talked about it with his friends and family.

After being interrogated by the authorities, he admitted to them that he had lost track of the number of women he had sexually molested while working at his facility.

Whether he confessed to his wife before or after the trailer was released is not known for certain, but he may have kept one detail from his wife's knowledge. It was for this reason that the couple invited the guests inside their home.

When the trailer was released, he immediately called and texted the journalist who had made the documentary to inform him of his plans to appear in it.

When the journalist was unable to answer his initial phone calls, he sent a text message to his colleagues, saying, "I have poison in my hands right now...

and all I want is to talk to someone who will listen...

"Please accept my apologies."

He quickly sent another text message, saying, "I am a bad person, and I need to die." He did not respond to that text message.

When the journalist followed up with Jonathan Ohene Nkunim later, he made it clear that he was prepared to take his own life if the investigative documentary was broadcast. He stated that he was unable to handle it.

A former minister of state who had been summoned to intervene and attempt to prevent the documentary from broadcasting overheard him mention the possibility of committing himself as well.

The identical threat from Ohene Nkunim was reiterated at 2:00 a.m. on Wednesday by a well-known radio host, who spoke to the investigative journalist on his behalf over the phone at the time.

By 6:30 a.m., plainclothes police officers from the PID had apprehended him in front of the Law Faculty of the University of Ghana, which was roughly 20 kilometers away from his place of residence.

The police intended to visit his facility at Gbawe CP, which is located near the University of Ghana, but he had forgotten to bring the key to his office with him. As a result, he had to be transported to his home to retrieve it.

He did, however, have a plea to make before the police were allowed to enter his home. He didn't want to be cuffed and forced to enter his residence. His wife and children were unable to tolerate the sight of him chained. Curious neighbors' inquisitive stares were too much for him to bear for long. He didn't want to create a commotion.

There was no way the authorities were going to take any chances. The fact that they returned to the station to report that they had picked up a criminal suspect who was threatening to commit suicide but were unable to prevent him from carrying out his threat when they arrived at his apartment to pick up a key would not be forgiven by their superiors.

Except for the presence of two unmarked police vehicles and two journalists from The Fourth Estate in another vehicle, the presence of the uniformed officers in two unmarked vehicles and the presence of two journalists from The Fourth Estate in another vehicle did not cause any controversy.

During the operation, the Director-General in charge of Operations at the Ghana Police Service, DCOP Mohammed Fuseini Suraji, and the Director-General in charge of the Police Intelligence Directorate, ACP Faustina Koduah Andoh-Kwofie, each called and spoke with the team's leader, who was also the team's commander. They both emphasized the need of treating the suspect with respect and decency.

According to all indications, for the first time in living memory, the Ghana Police Service, under the leadership of IGP Dr George Akufo-Dampare, was putting its motto, "Service with Integrity," into practice.

A little more than 12 hours before to that operation, the police had apprehended four of its officers in the Northern Region on charges of beating detainees, and had begun disciplinary proceedings against them. As a result, it wasn't surprising when top police officials emphasized the rights and dignity of Ohene Nkunim, particularly when media were present and participating.

The police officers stationed outside the Nkunim's apartment evaluated the orders of their superiors against the safety of the suspect and the feelings of his family members before taking action. They took his shackles off, but they walked in close proximity to him. They adopted a welcoming demeanor when they entered the residence.

Before they were allowed to enter the house, Mr Nkunim requested one more favor from them. His daughter was getting ready to leave for school and should not have seen him in such a state. The police were called and arrived shortly after the driver drove away from the gated apartment complex with two innocent youngsters in the backseat of his car.

When Jonathan Ohene Nkunim's mother-in-law inquired about their mission, the leader said that he was a friend of theirs and that they were accompanying him to resolve a situation that necessitated their attendance. Perhaps he didn't want the frail old lady to start crying again.

Those were the last things Jonathan said at his home that morning, to his wife's mother-in-law. He told her that he would be gone for an extended period of time and that he did not know how long he would be gone.

Ohene Nkunim confessed more while in the police car and at Nature's Hand Therapeutic Center, where she was being held. He admitted that he had been helpless in the face of his sexual impulses and that he had frequently felt bad after sleeping with his patients at the facility where he worked.

He had attempted to get assistance but had been unsuccessful.

"Does it have a spiritual component?" the investigative journalist wondered. Jonathan had portrayed himself as a deeply spiritual Christian on social media platforms.

"I'm not going to claim it's spiritual," he said, blaming the problem on the neuromuscular diagnosis technique.

"It's completely random. It is not true that I sleep with every woman that I see," he informed the investigative reporter, referring to the fact that he did not sleep with some of the women that came to his facility.

"It's a mixture of remorse and regret." It's a mixture of remorse and sorrow, and I've been working on it." Then he broke down in tears and begged for a second opportunity to redeem himself.

The court will very certainly determine whether or not to provide a second opportunity. The police department intends to file charges. In addition, some of his victims who were mentioned in the investigative report will be called to testify in court.

As reported by the Fourth Estate, Nkunim has been cautioned in connection with the rape charge. The police have obtained witness testimonies, including one from his victim, and are preparing to question him. Aside from sex offenses, the police are also looking into possible violations of health and safety regulations.

When he arrived at his facility that Wednesday morning with the police, he saw two vehicles already waiting for him when he arrived.

"I've got some things to take care of, so there will be no treatment today," he explained in a way that did not imply he was in serious danger. In order to avoid creating a disturbance, the police nonetheless permitted him to communicate freely with his clients after all this time.

As the clients were departing, he escorted the police officers to the facility's entrance. There were approximately 700 patient folders housed within the institution. He estimated that perhaps 200 of them were actively seeking treatment. The remaining patients had been treated and released.

"I've told my employees not to come to work today," he stated when asked when the company's operations would begin on that particular day.

"I knew I wouldn't be returning today when I was getting ready to go," he continued.

He intended to meet with the investigative journalist and learn how he might prevent the documentary from broadcasting when he headed for the University of Ghana that early in the morning. "I am prepared to go to any length," he had informed the journalist over the telephone.

The navy-blue color scheme When the bolt driver who drove him from home to the university feared that the two vehicles parked on the other side of the car park were chasing him, he fled from the Law Faculty car park and ran away.

When the journalist and his cameraman arrived at the law school, they were confronted by security guards, one of whom was angry that the faculty was being filmed without his permission. There was a heated exchange of words. The presence of two security officers, a police officer, and two journalists from The Fourth Estate, each with a camera in hand, was enough to put any potential suspect on edge.

Ohene Nkunim was gone before anyone even noticed he was there. The investigative journalist, on the other hand, noted that the vehicle that had parked alongside his vehicle had quickly drove away without anyone getting out of it.

When he called Jonathan Ohene Nkunim on the phone, he inquired as to where he had reached him.

"I've come in, and I'm making my way around to see where you are," Nkunim explained.

Was it our car or an Uber that brought you here?

"Did I mention I arrived in an Uber?"

"Can you tell me what color the Uber is?"

"It's white," Nkunim finally responded after a moment's thought.

At this point, the investigative journalist was confident that Nkunim was the driver of the blue vehicle that had pulled out from the parking lot without a word.

In response, he called the police, who tracked it down to the back of the Law Faculty, where it was discovered that Jonathan Ohene Nkunim was dressed in a multicolored African print shirt with black trousers and a pair of black shoes.

In exchange for the officers' assistance, he relinquished his freedom. As well as in the days to come, in which he would battle for his independence.

He seems to have come to terms with his fate. His final request before being escorted to the police headquarters was that the documentary be shelved for the sake of his family, and this was his final appeal.



Content created and supplied by: Best_deals (via Opera News )

A Bad Person Jonathan Ohene Nkunim Manasseh Azure


Load app to read more comments