Sign in
Download Opera News App

News Society

 

Natural disaster

 

Wildfire

HEARTBREAKING: Lifeless Body Of Mother And Child Found Lying Next To Each Other Near A Brazier

The winter season has finally arrived in South Affica and a lot of people who do not have electricity use makeshift fire (brazier) to keep themselves warm. Makeshift fires are popular in the townshifts and villages regardless of their popularity. Sadly, many lives have bedn lost due to fire inhalation.

Sleeping with a makeshift fire is dangerous as it produces poisonous fumes, but many people who do not have enough blankets sleep with the brazier inside their homes to keep warm.

A mother and her child have sadly passed away after suffering from smoke inhalation at Ga-mothiba near Polokwane yesterday. According to Updates With LolaM, their liveless bodies were found yesterday around 2pm.

It is alleged that a couple was with their child when they were feeling cold on Monday night and they decided to make a brazier. Instead of taking outside when it was time to sleep, they decided to sleep with it inside their home. Sadly, the mother and her child died from smoke inhalation but the father survived. When they trio was found, the father was rushed to hospital and survived.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/102256761477603/posts/331235925246351/

NB: Image used for illustrative purposes

Most victims suffer from a tight chest and they struggle to breathe, and they struggle to call for help. Should theu find the strength to get up, they collapse. They lose consiousness, suffocate and die. Carbon monoxide is harmful as it replaces the oxygen in the blood and deprives the heart, brain and vital organs of oxygen. Do not take chances. Braizers are suicidal.

Content created and supplied by: Sasatjie (via Opera News )

LolaM South Affica

COMMENTS

Load app to read more comments