Born : March 23, 1978 ( 43 years)
Masehlaneng , Mokopane
Limpopo , South Africa
Education : Capricorn High School
Tshwane University of Technology
Occupation : Actres
Parent(s) : Meisie Langa (mother)
Marjorie Langa (born 23 March 1978) is a South African actress, and businesswoman best known for her starring
role as Gloria on e.tv soap opera Scandal! , the fun-loving schemer always looking for her next break into the big
time. Prior to her role on Scandal! she had
roles on Tshisa, Final Verdict , Huis Van Liefde ,
Generations , Isidingo , City Sesla and Streets of Mangaung.
Marjorie Langa was born on 23 March 1978 in
Masehlaneng village in Mokopane in the Limpopo province
of South Africa , and she grew up in Kagiso , on the West Rand in the Gauteng province. She completed her primary education at St Ursula Convent in Krugersdorp and went
back to Limpopo for her high schooling at Capricorn High
School . She studied Biomedical Sciences at the Tshwane University of Technology . Marjorie was raised by her aunt
alongside her cousins. Although her mother was there, she preferred to live with her aunt and visited her mother
during the school holidays. Her mother, Meisie Langa was a teacher.
Marjorie has a degree in medical technology but only practised for six years as a microbiologist, because the acting bug kept biting her. Marjorie Langa’s television breakthrough did not come easy and almost cost her, her relationship with her mother. She got a taste of fame with
television commercials, which opened doors for her and helped to boost her acting career.
In 2006 she made her acting debut with roles on SABC 1 drama series Tshisa as Mrs Mkhize, and Final Verdict . In
2008 she was cast in the South African mini-series Huis van Liefde produced by Curious Pictures as Matron. In that same year she joined the SABC 2 sitcom Jozi Maboneng .
Marjorie Langa played Slindile the housekeeper on Generations and Ntombi on Isidingo .
Other QUICK Facts
1. She has a degree in medical technology and
she spent six years of her life working as a microbiologist.
2. In real life, Marjorie is quiet, rather shy but not
meek. Privately, she’s a reserved person.
3. Langa is a qualified lab technician but only practised for six years in this profession because
the acting bug kept biting her.
4. She was born in Mokopane, Limpopo but grew up in Kagiso, on the West Rand.
5. She completed her primary education at St
Ursula Convent in Krugersdorp and went back to Limpopo for her high schooling at Capricorn High.
6. Her big break came when she was called to
audition for e.tv’s eKasi: Our Stories eight years
ago. It was after she had had cameo roles in Generations and Isidingo.
7. She was then called to audition for the role of Gloria that she started enjoying acting to the
8. Reflecting on her Scandal! role, she said she envied her character at times because Gloria does things she would never do in real life.
9. Among the roles Langa had played on television was a matron in Huis van Liefde season 1 and Mampho in eKasi: Our Stories season 4.
10. In addition, she played Kittie in the comedy drama Streets of Mangaung season 1 and played Mrs Mkhize in Tshisa season 2.
Content created and supplied by: MissPi (via Opera News )