The tragic event that took place at the Enyobeni pub early on Sunday morning and resulted in the deaths of 21 young people at Scenery Park was not an accident, according to the persons who were there at the time. They claim that it was a series of "well-planned murders" instead. News24 was told by three individuals who had escaped the tragedy that a bouncer had been seen repeatedly throwing the remains of those who had passed away outside the venue before locking the entrance. This took place while over 200 partygoers were desperately trying to get out of the congested bar while yelling, coughing, and gasping for oxygen.
Two of the three people's close friends, Bhongolethu Ncadana and Mbulelo Rangile, passed away as a result of the occurrence. The journey from the Gompo township to the bar was made with the assistance of seven of their close friends. Five persons, including three teenagers named Afika Sebisi, Luthando Ncandana, and Mbasa Mpafi, aged 18 and 17, were fortunate enough to escape the tavern without suffering any injuries. At the scene in East London's Enyobeni Tavern, where 21 children were found dead, forensic experts were there.
According to Ncandana, just prior to the commotion that ensued, he witnessed a woman spraying what appeared to be pepper spray. He was speaking about the final few seconds before the terrible event took place.
I witnessed a woman utilizing pepper spray, and we believe that they also utilized tear gas in this incident. People started yelling at each other. "I had reached the greatest possible level. According to Ncandana, "I attempted to utilize the wooden stairs in order to go to the bottom floor, which is where the noise was coming from; but, I was unable to get past the crowd."
He claimed that he was pushed back by a group of people who were attempting to flee from the ground floor. "I turned around, went back up to the top floor, and leaped from the balcony," Ncandana explained. Mpafi stated that he, too, leapt off the balcony in order to escape the situation. However, the teenager was in too much of a state of distress to discuss what had taken place. Because Sebisi was outside at the time, he had a unique perspective on the situation. He said, "The murder had been premeditated.
"Initially, the DJs left the pub while the music was still playing out of control while it continued to play. The lights suddenly went out, and everyone started coughing and yelling "said Sebisi. Additionally, he stated that there were no instances of power outages in the region. When we looked around, all of the lights from the other houses and the streetlights were still on, as Sebisi explained it, "we gazed about." The three close friends are of the same opinion that what took place was not an accident. During the mayhem, according to the witnesses, a powerful bouncer prevented individuals from entering or exiting the club.
In the early hours of Sunday morning, twenty-one young people, most of whom were teenagers, were found dead at the tavern for no apparent cause. The three individuals stated that they were among the 400 individuals who attended the event that was held in the small bar with two stories for free WiFi and rounds of drinks. People all across the world have been outraged by images showing dead bodies lying on the floor, on tables, and in chairs.
The investigation into what took place has begun, and the police have filed a case file.
According to News24's sources, the authorities are also investigating into allegations that the youths inhaled from a hookah pipe containing a toxin. On Sunday night, medical examiners from the provincial health department performed autopsies on the deceased and took tissue samples to a laboratory to investigate the causes of death. According to the department's report, several of the survivors sought medical attention for a variety of symptoms, including headaches, backaches, tight chests, and vomiting. On Sunday, Siyakhangela Ndevu, the proprietor of a tavern, stated to the media that he was not present when the tragedy occurred and that he was in the same state of disbelief as the rest of the people. On Monday, numerous individuals attempted to speak with him but were unable.
At four in the morning on June 26, members of the community woke the Eastern Cape police and informed them about the event, according to the police. The police have issued a statement in which they say they do not want to make any assumptions about what took place since doing so could compromise the delicate investigation that is now underway. People speculated that the children might have ingested poison or been exposed to toxic gases in some way.
Content created and supplied by: Mafhungo (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More