Sign in
Download Opera News App

News Society




Road Accident

My daughter wanted to pay Okada Rider, when a truck crushed my daughter to death in Ibadan market.

When a truck crushed my daughter to death in Ibadan Market, my daughter wanted to pay Okada Rider.

The PUNCH reports that family, friends, neighbors, and other sympathizers crossed Alhaja Fausat Adediran's apartment on Thursday to commit themselves to her over the murder of her daughter Barakat. The PUNCH said.

The lady was one of these crushed to death on Sunday in the Molete district of Ibadan, Oyo State, by a tanker who suffered a braking failure and overrun trade and others at the Bode Market. On August 15, she's going to be 25.

The lady, commonly called Iya Ijesa, was surrounded with mourners and tears in her eyes while she seemed lost among people who trusted and prayed to God to give her the strength to face the loss.

Some traders and the deafened mother remembered the dead, who was always ready to support her mother and family, as a diligent and enterprised young lady.

Mass communication study in The Polytechnic, Ibadan was reported by a lady of 24 years of age.

She then enrolled in a Fashion Institute after finishing the National Diploma Program and completed the on May 24 the program with a low-key degree.

Before her death, she was reported to have applied for a National Higher Diploma.

The heartbroken mother said her daughter would die but withheld the daughter from her in a brief discussion with our journalist.

The supporters remarked that if she knew it would die on an accident that day, she probably wouldn't have gone out!

But the mother said, "Barakat knew that she was going, and she told a young boy she would usually visit.

But, except that Sunday trip of no return, it had no intention to travel anywhere.

She was a very nice and hard-to-work girl.

The Bode Market traditionalists informed us that we should not open the market for seven days, because they predicted that it was odd and that I did.

Barakat told me she was going to the market to help me that day and I was supposed to stay home.

“I was told she got to the market and was paying the rider who took her there when the truck hit her and the motorcyclist.

They both perished." Both died.

Brother Barakat's Adegoke Fajaye, who was moving to console his grieved mother in his family house, said he told her he saw the truck late and running, but she was electrically electrified by the electric cable that hit the electric pole immediately before it went into the market.

He reported that she was entangled in the cable web and that the tanker was crushed.

He claimed, "She had just arrived on the market and paid the okada driver who transported her back and noticed the truck losing control.

She is reported to have been ensnared in the web of electric cables which dropped after the tanker hit an electric pole before everyone on its way to the market was crushed."

The brother added that the family had taken the body and quickly buried it in accordance with Islamic customs.

When asked whether the owner of the tanker approached the family, he answered that nobody has contacted the family.

"We left God everything of it. We think he considered us one of the tragic families. We can't ask God," he said.

Barakat's friends also expressed sorrow at her passing on her Facebook page.

The wounded were reportedly taken to various hospitals.

Some of the traders who escaped the situation have indicated that the traditionalists have been warning of the imminent catastrophe and have asked the dealers to lock up the market and to ritualize to prevent harm.

Alhaja Kikelomo Afolabi, one of the traders on the market, told PUNCH on Saturday that she didn't open her store for several days.

She says, "The market should be closed seven days during the yearly celebration of herbal seekers.

However, several older people, to our amazement, declared they would not comply with the directive.

The market leaders have found that it is better to make compliance optional because several traders rejected the Directive.

Some shops closed while others kept to it.'

While Afolabi claimed she lost some good in the disaster, he said she would be forever grateful to God for not allowing her to death in the accident.

He said she had saved her life from the accident.

She responded, "I can state that some's disobedience has led to the catastrophe.

But God has shown me his love, and I shall thank Him forever.

Some people lost their lives not because they committed sin, but because a mandate to close down stores had been violated by some people.

My shop was affected by the accident but I wasn't there.

But certain hoodlums broke and robbed rice and a few other products there, but I could still recover a few items.

Even if I lost all my belongings, how much compared with a lifetime.

I pray that God would reassure the families of the truck's murderers.

Olaide Adewolu also told our correspondent, popularly known as Arabambi, that her son had escaped from being crushed to death by the truck.

She stated the automobile had ruined her merchandise and thanked God that she, her husband, and her child had not let her die.

"My spouse and I spoke alongside the road the day the tragedy happened," Adewolu claimed.

My youngster was in the shop already.

My spouse just gave my farewell and I saw a lorry coming as I was ready to cross, but I didn't know the driver lost control.

I heard a knock as it hit the post, and the truck turned to the market in front of my eyes, demolished it all.

My stalls were crushed and I realized that there was a customer for my 10-year-old youngster.

He noticed that truck arriving and fleeing to where he was.

He fell down as he hurried away, but happily, the truck fell for him before he arrived where my child went.

He was listening to the noise and afraid.

He got up and began to run again, and he suffered an injury.

'The car couldn't get where he was, but he was scared, and several objects cut his body when he jumped across tables and other escape items.

Now he's okay and school resumed.

My son told me that I can't say if a customer lived, or not because of a turmoil when the catastrophe happened."

Biodun Omotola, who lives close to the market, told our correspondent how the disaster occurred that if the accident occurred at night or at night it would have been greater.

He says, "One after the other traders arrived.

The others barely opened up as the gas truck collapsed into the market.

We were told that the truck had a brake failure in the region of Oba Oba, crushing to death two people.

Some of the okada riders followed the truck since they did not realize it would kill more.

"I suppose that the driver also had a difficult time stopping the truck, but it was really difficult for him.

A triple car parked next to a massive trash bin and passengers came or entered as the vehicle smashed into it.

But I couldn't tell his passengers what happened.

The tricyclist did not. On the market the lady who was killed.

She paid a biker who brought her when the vehicle crushed her and the rider okada."

About 72 hours following the crash, rituals were requested by the traditional adorers.

One of the Ogun adorers dragged and rubbed a sewn head of a dog in front of the market, our correspondent.

At the place where the camion smashed onto the market, the man rubbed further the dog's head.

Some of the retailers called on the man to rub the dog's head in the shops.

He buried the animal's head after he had accepted their pleas.

Akeem Ajayeoba identified himself as Oluwo who stated he wouldn't be free from calamities if he performed essential rituals, the market, merchants, and their clients.

He said, "We sacrificed Ogun, as you can see.

That's what should have already been done, and today we do it.

We should do it better than they agreed.

No disasters are going to happen again on the market."

While the accident took place in the morning, due to the weight and volatility of the contents, the rescue team could not remove the car.

The firemen were seen intermittently spraying the tanker with water to cool to prevent potential explosions.

Nurudeen Ibrahim, one of the inhabitants, talked to our correspondent about the matter and requested that the government equip allied rescue organizations.

He stated, "One thing I noticed about this event is that our disaster planning is quite poor.

He remarked, "One thing I saw about the event is that our degree of disaster preparedness is extremely insufficient.

The Federal Fire Service and the Federal Road Safety Corps, the Oyo State Fire Services Agency, came but the truck could not be removed from where it was falling.

I agree that because it was loaded they had to take care to remove it.

"At around 8 am, however, the tanker could not be removed late in the night when I departed.

"That accident happened.

The firemen simply sprinkled water on the truck to cool the temperature to prevent it from exploding.

If the weather been scorching, I don't know what might have happened.

The weather was cool those days, God was so nice to us.

What is your opinion on this? please drop your comments below and do not forget to like and share this post thanks.

What is your view on this?

In the comments section, share your views below:

Please share your opinion in the comment section thanks.

Every time you share a post you help build a home for a disabled veteran.



Content created and supplied by: Semiemmy2 (via Opera News )

Alhaja Fausat Ibadan Ibadan Market Okada Oyo State


Load app to read more comments