Sign in
Download Opera News App

News Politics

 

Politics

 

Africa politics

After This, See What The Hawks National Commander Said. See Pictures

https://www.facebook.com/136956534616/posts/10160858019274617/?app=fbl

Lt-Gen Godfrey Lebeya, the Hawks' national commander, said the matter will be transferred to the Cape Town high court for trial once the outstanding investigations into the fire in parliament earlier this year are received.


The joint standing committee on financial management of Parliament, the SA Police Service, the Department of Public Works and Infrastructure, and the SA Heritage Resources Agency were updated on the investigation and repair project following the January 2 fire.


The final fire investigation report from the SAPS fire investigator, as well as his photo album, the final report of the cyber expert on the video downloads at parliament, and the final damage report from the department of public works and infrastructure, according to Lebeya.


Information regarding Mr [Zandile] Mafe's side of the tale has been received and will be used in court. A confession was also taped by another commissioned officer who was not affiliated with DPCI and will be used as evidence in court. The evidence will also include more than 30 hours of video footage that will speak for itself, he stated.


WATCH | Zandile Mafe takes the stand, reveals 'friendship' with Eugene Terreblanche, denies setting fire to parliament


Alleged parliament fire starter, Zandile Mafe, testified in his bail hearing on Saturday January 29 2022 and denied ever setting foot inside. In terms of the internal flaws revealed, Maj-Gen Dawie Rabie said an action plan was being finalized.


On February 28, the division protection and security services completed an internal inquiry into compliance with administrative, procedural, and regulatory requirements, roles, and obligations of all SAPS stakeholders. The disciplinary investigations are complete, and the three personnel of the Protection and Security Services (PPS) are awaiting their hearings, he stated.


The three members are being accused with neglect in their duty, according to Lt-Gen Samson Shitlabane. Rabie stated that the investigation into the security breach at Tuynhuis had been completed. According to him, three major NDPWI projects are presently in the works: a maintenance contract for current security systems, as well as an expanded perimeter barrier.


The NDPWI has received clearance from the National Treasury to proceed with the projects.


A preliminary report was issued on February 23 but is incomplete due to water issues in the lower basement of New Assembly, according to Christo Beukes, a programme manager for the Coega Development Corporation, which has been appointed by the public works and infrastructure department to assess the fire damage and develop a renovation plan.


He stated that the assessment was finished on April 7 following water extraction and the updated report was released on April 14.


There have been no significant modifications from the preliminary report, with the pronouncements and recommendations remaining unchanged. Report under final review with comments applied, final report revision NO 2 released on May 5, and in the process of being finalized.


After the Easter holiday, CDC crews finished all physical tests, but had to return for follow-up assessments in specialized disciplines, according to Beukes (heritage, electrical and mechanical services).


The CDC phase 2 report would offer estimates for the planning and construction stages of each building's restoration/rehabilitation work.


https://www.facebook.com/136956534616/posts/10160858019274617/?app=fbl

Content created and supplied by: Mzansi_Daily_Updated_News (via Opera News )

Cape Town Godfrey Lebeya The Hawks

COMMENTS

Load app to read more comments