Sign in
Download Opera News App

 

 

Unexpected || Microwave Leaves 100 People Homeless After This Happened, See Here

Date : 02 November 2021

Community members in Khayelitsha B section at Capetown have been left homeless after the fire that destroyed their homes. More than thirty shacks were destroyed by the fire this past week after the microwave exploded . According to community leader Khunjulwane more 100 people were left homeless after a fire that destroyed their shacks. It is said that a 11 years boy was warming his food using microwave and left his food on the microwave while he went outside to play. Nandipha Kwinana who is a community member say she was preparing food when she heard something exploding and thought that it was a transformer until she heard neighbour's saying their shacks are burning.

"I ran outside and saw how strong the fire was. I left everything inside my shack and ran for my life. I am happy that no one lost their lives in that fire. Anything could've happened" she said. Unfortunately she couldn't take anything outside because she was scared of being trapped in the fire. Ward councilor Thando Mpipi said that they are trying to help victims by giving them a place to stay. " Our wish is to get them shelter as Christmas is around the corner. They will all want to spend Christmas with their family" she said.She is grateful that nobody died in this incident. This is truly heartbreaking more especially because they couldn't take anything out of the shacks as they fear for their lives.

It is sad to hear that they lost everything. Parents need to educate their children about using electric appliances to avoid going through such because some people would have lost their lives due to this. Now thirty families have been left homeless because of this mistake. You can share your thoughts and follow for more news.

Source : https://twitter.com/dailysunsa/status/1466079653018451968?s=19

Content created and supplied by: Devineonline24 (via Opera News )

Capetown Khayelitsha Nandipha Kwinana Thando Mpipi

COMMENTS

Load app to read more comments