Seven Hard Truths You Don't Want To Hear But Need To Hear I'm not here to impress you; I am here to give you the truth so that you can grow. It's not about me or any BS personal brand; It's about how we all ruin our goals with the truth and leave a legacy that keeps us from repenting.
1. We all have the same problems. My problems are the same as yours. You may be dealing with nonsense, but you are not alone. That divorce, the deceased person, the rejection letter you received, or the discharge you were forced to accept, which is happening to many other people at the same time. When you know that all of your problems are the same, avoid getting stuck and feeling sorry for yourself. All of your problems are simply a process to deal with.
2. We're all going to let someone die, wait for it. We're all about losing someone so enjoy the time you have with your family and friends. Do not take a moment for granted and never leave the people you care about in bad conditions. The last thing you want is for someone to die because something stupid like a disagreement about money or beliefs has marred your relationship.
3. Complaining is a waste of time. Nobody likes complainers and that just leaves you stuck in your head instead of moving towards your goals and doing something cool. It is useless and for crying babies who do not want to face the hard truth: We are in control of everything that happens to us. Meaning: We are in control of how we interpret all events. Complaining is a disease that has an antidote called "Damn it, please stop."
4. Doesn't matter what other people think .It's crazy to get bogged down by what other people think of you! Half the time, the people who share these views are complete failures, projecting their wants, needs, failures, and desires onto you. They hope that they can live their lives vicariously because their life sucks. The only opinion that matters is yours. If you think you can do the impossible, then you will.
5. Trying to fulfil society's idea of success is a losing game. What you see as success on the Internet is a lie. Success is all you do and it varies to some extent for each person. Most of what society considers successful is based on outdated notions. For us Millennials, our idea of success comes from our parents, who value their homes, cars, college, and anything that doesn't suit us.
We have this inner conflict because we want to pursue our version of success, but then we lose acceptance in society because we do not adhere to the criteria of the majority. Fuck the majority. Following the pack isn't what makes you exceptional: being you is.
6. Money doesn't make you happy. I know what it is like to have more money than you can spend. That doesn't mean anything. Deep down you know money doesn't make you happy, but you go after it because everyone else on the hamster wheel is doing the same thing. The bare truth is that meaning and purpose (which sounds cheesy) are far more powerful than money ever will be.
The most depressed of my life was when I thought I was financially rich and poor. Will you accept this gross truth?
7. We're all going to die. Time is running out, friend. Stop reading this article and use the remaining time to create a legacy greater than you could ever dream of. Use your gifts to inspire the world, take care of your family, and accept the fact that one day you will have to say goodbye. Death is guaranteed for everyone, it's the only certainty we have and the only motivation we need. Please like and share.
Content created and supplied by: Matimelane_NewsUpdate (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More