Even if your latest relationship only lasted a few weeks you can still experience heartbreak that can leave you feeling lost and physically ill. Try these strategies to reduce your pain:
1. You may experience several emotions during a breakup, such as anger, sadness and a feeling of rejection. It is important to confront these feelings head on.
2. When you write down or speak to someone about your emotions, you will begin to process these feelings, allowing you to move on.
3. Take care of your physical health. It may be tempting to try and lose a few pounds to punish your ex, but this may end up reinforcing your feelings of rejection. Instead, try to focus on eating healthier as a way of boosting your mood and energy levels.
4. Avoid resorting to comfort eating as a coping mechanism. This will result in weight gain and a cycle of feeling worthless. Be active. Exercise is often prescribed when dealing with stress or a breakup. This is because when you exercise, your body produces endorphins that can boost your mood. It is also a good way to distract yourself from any negative feelings you may be experiencing.
5. Be aware, however, that there is such a thing as over exercising. To prevent this, schedule only activities that you enjoy, rather than an exercise regimen that is so hard that it feels like punishment.
6. Remember the good things in your life. If you are undergoing a painful breakup, it may be difficult to think of anything besides the feelings of loss and pain. However, spending some time remembering the good things in your life enables you to put your focus on the positive, even if for a while.
Do the things you love. Make the effort to treat yourself to something fun. It will make you feel better, even if it's just a coffee with your friend. In order to heal, it's important to start taking care of yourself, and doing those things that you enjoy will certainly help with this process.
Content created and supplied by: Lingiswa (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More