Having good, true friends is one of life's best and most rewarding experiences. Friendships are the happiest places in our lives, where we may express our emotions and thoughts as freely as a bird without self-control. Friendships of various forms give a variety of flavors to your life.
It's critical to toss out and avoid the undesirable ones at all costs. Friendships with bad people can shatter you, undermine your self-esteem, and deplete your emotional well-being. When it comes to tiny recurrent warnings of uncomfortable happenings, one should always believe their instincts.
Take note as soon as you notice a foul odor. Friendships can be improved and disputes avoided by being self-aware of your own feelings and those of your friends. While things are unpredictably unpredictable in our daily lives, there are some warning flags to be aware of.
1. If the friendship is conditional, requiring you to be financially and emotionally available at all times, and you need them and they are unavailable, this is a huge red flag.
2. Pay attention to how they react to you when things go well in your life. Do they join you in your celebrations or do they disappear?
3. Do they hang out with your foes? If that's the case, they're plotting your demise.
4. If you feel like you've been across oceans and the other person won't even cross a puddle for you, you should let them go.
5. What do they do when they're around your detractors?
Do they show their support for you in public or only in private? If they secretly raise you up, then they've probably been gossiping about you behind your back.
6. Be wary of friends who constantly ask for money. Everyone requires assistance from time to time, but if a person is continuously in need of money and refuses to repay your hard-earned money, the friendship is built on finances and will end the moment you refuse to give money.
7. They don't respect your boundaries - you may be forced to do things that go against your values and principles, such as hiding from people, but you do it anyway to keep them in your life - DO NOT DO IT. Keep your distance from such people.
8. If they do something that could harm you or get you into trouble and continue to do so, stay away from them; a good friend would never hurt you and is always considerate.
9. They are constantly discouraging you from doing good or finding flaws in the good you do.
10. If they always gossip about other people behind your back, there's a good chance they'll do the same to you.
You'll know who you shouldn't be friends with if you just listen to your heart.
Thank you for taking the time to read!!
Content created and supplied by: DaisyDaeSA (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More