Sign in
Download Opera News App



After a white lady married an African man, See what later happened to her husband

An American widow has recounted the heartbreaking story of her husband's suicide after being abused and supposedly framed by his buddies. 

The woman recounted how she met her husband, Sylvester Mumba, during a trip to Zambia in 2012. 

She stated that six months after her vacation ended, she began dating Mumba and decided to return to Zambia for a month to visit him. Zambians in diaspora are envious of one another - a US woman reveals a painful love tale 

Sylvester Mumba was discovered by her while on vacation in Livingstone, Zambia in 2012. Sylvester used to sell wooden products at Livingstone's Mukuni Park. As his occupation, he was a qualified wood craftsman who specialized in the construction of innovative woodcrafts. 

She composed a letter. 

"I acquired his phone number from her request for him to construct a wooden map of the United States of America with our names painted on it. He became a good buddy with whom I maintained contact even after I returned to the United States. 

I was 23 years old, single, and unhappy when I met him. When I was upset or depressed, I called Sylvester. For hours on end, we'd have nonstop discussions. While his English was weak at best, I was able to understand what he said. He used to say things like, "we were destined to be because only I could understand His horrible English." 

We started seeing each other six months later. I flew back to Zambia with the money I had saved working as a Host at a Steakhouse to visit Sylvester. I visited a travel agency and purchased an airline ticket. The round-trip ticket cost $1,357 USD at the time. 

We got married less than a month after I arrived in Zambia. Then, after the wedding, I travelled to Zambia and left him there. Back in the United States, I retained the services of an immigration attorney to help me with Sylvester's visa application. Sylvester arrived in the United States in May 2013 after receiving a green card. Another wedding took place in the United States, this time for us. For a long time, we had been madly in love. 

Our marriage was doing well. In fact, I helped him get work at one of Target's retail sites and buy a car so that he could get around more readily. He gradually began to fit in with the natives, and his knowledge of the English language increased. He also made friends with a group of Zambians living in the United States, and the two groups eventually amalgamated. 

We gradually began to attend activities held by the Zambian community in the United States. The Zambia National Soccer Team vs. Japan match was an exciting one that I witnessed in person in Tampa, Florida. We spoke with the players and other guests in attendance after attending a celebration following the soccer match. 

I've attended many Zambian independence celebrations put on by the Zambian community in Atlanta. One thing I've seen is that Zambians in the US enjoy gossip and loathe seeing their Zambian (Friends) thrive in life. 

They would tell me that he married me out of need rather than love since he was impoverished and didn't have any other options (Green card) (Green card). 

After a while, they told me that they saw him talking to folks in the Zambian community about how he was merely using me to acquire his green card and would be departing once he got it, which would be in 10 years. 

It was not uncommon for his Male Friends to contact pleading for s x or to ask me to divorce him and marry them instead. I didn't give a rip to what other people had to say about me. 

To me, he meant the world. I was in love with him. To this day, I'm mystified as to why Zambians living overseas are so envious of one another. Because she married a Nigerian man, my step-sister is part of a large Nigerian family. 

Our marriage was being hurt by the gossip of the Zambians in the United States, so Sylvester and I made the decision to separate ourselves apart from them. We were pleased until Sylvester was arrested in June of this year for cocaine possession. He went out to drink with a couple of his close Zambian buddies. 

They all agreed to call it a night when it drew close to midnight. Because Sylvester was the only one with a driver's license, he was in charge of dropping off his friends at their various addresses throughout town. And he was arrested after a police cruiser pulled him over after he dropped off his friends and was heading back home (Police Car). His friends snuck cocaine into his car and then reported it to the police. 

As a result of his acts, he was captured in June and returned to Zambia. Approximately a month and a half ago. Despite my best efforts, I was unable to prevent his deportation for four months due to tighter immigration laws established by the current administration. 

Minor infractions result in deportation. Unfortunately, his friends have been pleading with me to go on dates with them since he was arrested. Sylvester had just returned from a three-week trip out of the nation when he committed suicide."

Content created and supplied by: Gistlord. (via Opera News )

African Livingstone Mumba Sylvester Mumba US


Load app to read more comments