How to Break up With A Person Without Hurting Them.
1. Check you're sure you actually want to break up. It is something you should seriously take time to think about before deciding. Some people rush into a break up after an argument and they end up regreting about it when its too late. If there are things in your relationship that are not good at all , consider talking to your partner before deciding to break up.
2. Think about how the conversation will go. Take time to think about what it is you want to say and how you are going to say it. If you haven't taken adequate time to familiarise yourself with the situation,the conversation is going to be stressful and it can be very easy to lose what you wanted to communicate.
3. Put yourself in their shoes so that expressing empathy can help a bit towards rejoysing the pain to them.
4. You must fully accept that you are not able to control their reactions.
5. Remember its okay for people to break up. It may not feel good for breaking up and you shouldn't feel guilty for making a decision to do so. If the relationship doesn't work for you,then its a must that you leave.
6. Have the discussion in person. If you are honestly to make things for easy for them then have a conversation in person. Do not call, text or email them because in doing so shows you are not serious for that break up at all.
7. Find the right setting.
8. Accept that this is going to be painful no matter what you do. The conversation is not going to be easy and you shouldn't go in expecting to be able to explain situations to the extend that they understand and leave her fate.
9. Use the statement "I instead of you". Talk in a manner that indicates how you feel by making I statements.
10. Plan for their different reactions. If you have an idea of the different ways they could react towards the situation,then get prepared on how to respond. They can get hungry or sad, so you must be well prepared to handle the scenario.
11. Don't give your partner false hopes.
12. Be ready to listen. At appoint your partner will need to be heard , so remember to listen to them keenly and respond accordingly.
13. Focus on the relationship. Sometimes problems are in the relationship but is not that person you are in with you can say is bad. Maybe you are not suited for long term relationships.
14. Be straight with your partner.
15. Avoid taking alcohol before going into the conversation because you will communicate exactly what you wanted to communicate.