1. Honor all of your commitments.
2. Do not reveal their confidences.
3. When they are being vulnerable, be present with them and pay attention to what they need.
4. Do not pass judgment on them, put them in a bad light, or look down on them in any way.
5. Listen with the intention of comprehending what is being said. Perform actions that are in their own best interests.
6. Validate the experiences that they have had.
7. Refrain from telling them that the way they feel is incorrect or that they are foolish for the way they feel about something.
8. Speak up in their defense. Take their side in public, and if you have a problem with what they are saying, discuss it with them behind closed doors. Disgracing someone causes a break in the bond. However, honesty in a setting that is both secure and compassionate builds trust because it demonstrates that you are sincere and authentic.
9. Always have their back in mind. If you have told them that they can depend on you in this situation, then you should be there for them if they require something.
10. Praise their virtues. Compliment someone when you genuinely feel proud of them or admire them, but avoid being overly effusive or dishonest in your expressions of admiration. Instead, offer praise and validation at those times.
11. If someone else is chatting about them behind their back, don't join in the conversation. Bring an end to this discussion. Maintain coherence regarding the recipient of your allegiance.
12. Show interest in and support for the things that they are passionate about. People are less likely to confide in you if you give them the idea that you are not a trustworthy confidant or that anything they discuss with you will result in judgment. Feelings of safety and comfort can be created by showing enthusiasm and receptivity to the other person's hobbies and interests.
13. Conduct yourself with honesty and integrity in EVERY relationship you have. This indicates that you should apply all of the aforementioned things to each and every one of your friendships and connections. If you are dishonest with your friends, if you talk negatively about other people, if you cheat, if you tell lies, etc., then this is potentially just as essential as how you treat this one specific person.
14. Above all else, conduct your daily life with honesty. Develop your character so that you are trustworthy and honest. Make these qualities a priority.
According to Opera News
The content was developed and provided by the News Hub Creator. The views and opinions that are expressed on Opera News are solely those of the author; they do not represent, reflect, or express the views of Opera News in any way. Opera News is a platform that users can access for free. Any and all written information and photos that are displayed were provided by the blogger or author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger or author, and have not been modified in any way by Opera News. Opera News does not give its consent to, nor does it condone, the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, among other things, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Neither does it consent to, nor does it condone, the posting of any content that may malign, among other things, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, In addition, Opera News does not support or condone the use of our platform for the purpose of supporting or endorsing hate speech, violating human rights, or making statements that are of a defamatory character. You are kindly requested to immediately notify us using the following email address [email protected] and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform in the event that the content contained herein infringes upon any of your rights, including those pertaining to copyright, and/or infringes upon any of the aforementioned factors. If the content contained herein infringes upon any of your rights, including those pertaining to copyright, and/or in Continue reading>>
Content created and supplied by: Jboynews2 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More