Kissing is a means of expressing intimacy that no other word can portray. If you've ever wondered why people close their eyes during kissing, this article will explain why.
Cosmopolitan.com is the source of this image.
Flower Aura is the photographer behind this image.
The following are some of the reasons why you close your eyes when kissing your partner:
1) To allow the brain to adequately focus on the task at hand: researchers at Royal Holloway, University of London, discovered that the brain had trouble processing another sense while focused on visual stimuli. i.e. the brain is unable to interpret both visual and sensory data simultaneously.
Yahoo contributed this image.
2) A symbol of trust: kissing your lover while closing your eyes indicates that you are in a secure and trusting relationship.
Empower.com is the source of this image.
3) Increases sensory function and pleasure: when one of the five senses is obstructed, the other senses are stimulated to work more effectively.
Winni is the photographer behind this image.
4) A indication of pleasure: we virtually always close our eyes when we are having a good time. For example, praying, worshiping, sleeping, listening to a lovely melody, chewing something good or delectable, and so forth.
Hivisasa is the photographer behind this image.
5) A sign of concentration: closing your eyes indicates that you are ignoring what is going on around you.
Women's health (photo credit)
Thanks so much for reading. Kindly click, share, and drop your comments.
Content created and supplied by: Moonlight_News (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More