8 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Compare Your Relationship With Someone's Else
It is common for us to compare our relationships to that of others, which is detrimental and damaging to any kind of collaboration or cooperation.
Consider the following points to help you understand why you should never compare your relationship to that of another.
1. You tend to focus on the negative aspects of your relationship while overlooking the positive aspects of your relationship when you compare it to someone else's.
2. Everyone, including your friend's seemingly perfect partner, has flaws. This includes your friend. Concentrate on the positive aspects of your partner rather than comparing them to someone else's relationship. You should also learn to accept their faults.
3. The individual with whom you are comparing your relationship may be jealous of yours. Regardless of whether you believe your relationship is bad, others may think otherwise.
4. Making comparisons between your relationship and another's will only make you feel inferior. Why would you want to make yourself feel horrible about your relationship by comparing it to someone else's?
5. When you compare your relationship to someone else's, you become overly focused on the things that your relationship lacks and lose sight of the things that are going well in your relationship.
6. Inappropriate to compare your relationship to another's since each relationship, like each human, is different. As a result, what works in your friend's relationship may or may not work in your relationship.
7. Making comparison between your relationship and another's is harmful to your partner. Comparing relationships gives the sense that your partner isn't up to pace with your expectations.
8. It's a waste of time to compare your relationship to that of another person. In the event that you are dissatisfied with your relationship, you have two choices: try to make it better or go on. Why waste effort comparing and contrasting relationships when the comparisons will yield nothing useful in the end?
What is your opinion and suggestions about this?
Drop your comments below
Content created and supplied by: Recreation (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More