"The Lord of Hosts is with us; Jacob's God is our refuge," remember. Psalm 46:7
Read: Psalm 9:18-20
9:18. The poor's expectation will not vanish forever, and the needy will not always be forgotten. 9:19. Rise up, Lord; do not let man triumph; condemn the barbarian in Thy sight.
9:20. Put them to fear, O Lord, so that the nations realize they are nothing more than men.
A. There are two types of blessings: general blessings and personal blessings.
1. I've noticed that whenever David wants to talk about something important to him, he usually personalizes it.
2. For example, he says in Psalm 23:1, "The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not be in want." "The Lord is our shepherd," he did not remark.
3. He was merely stating, "I can only speak for myself; I have no knowledge of your situation."
4. I pray that you will have a personal encounter with God as The Good Shepherd, rather than relying on the testimony of others.
5. A shepherd is a person who is responsible for the care of sheep.
6. One thing you'll notice about sheep is that they are extremely vulnerable to predators.
7. They can't bite, can't claw, and can't run fast; the shepherd is their only defense.
B. I'm sure you'll agree with me that being defenseless in a hostile world is terrifying.
1. Being completely powerless is a terrible feeling.
2. When a man is sick, he goes to the doctor in the hopes of being healed, but when the doctor does his best but says there is nothing he can do, the sick person loses hope.
3. When a man is in serious financial trouble, he goes to his bank for help, but what happens when the bank demands that he use assets he doesn't own as collateral?
4. Similarly, when a child is sick, he looks to his parents for assistance and care; however, how will the child react if his parents tell him that the forces fighting against him are beyond their ability?
5. Worse yet, imagine how you'll feel if your pastor tells you that after praying all of the appropriate prayers, there's nothing else he can do to assist you!
6. Feeling lonely or abandoned by family and friends is a terrible feeling.
7. In Psalm 102:6-7, a man who once faced such a situation wrote these words to express his feelings: "I am like a pelican of the wilderness: I am like an owl of the desert."
I stand alone on the housetop, like a sparrow."
C. Have you ever been in a situation like this? Do you ever feel exposed, naked, and ashamed? Are you in the midst of a crisis and have no one to defend you? Has everyone you believed could aid you abandoned you, leading you to believe that life is pointless?
1. I have some exciting news for you today! For the despairing, there is hope, and for the naked, there is protection.
2. God is still capable of intervening in your seemingly hopeless situation.
3. God is very near you, and He will touch you today. Amen!
4. God will pave the way for you!
5. Pray to Him and tell Him you have no one else to turn to for help.
6. Now is the time to ask Him for assistance.
7. He will respond and make a positive difference in your situation. Amen!
When all else fails, never lose hope for a better life; although it may take time, aid will eventually arrive. Amen!
Content created and supplied by: GreenWriter (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More