10 biblical names that parents should stop naming their children .Most parents prefer to use biblical names to name their children. This is because most biblical names have clear meanings and parents want to name their sons and daughters. However, there are some biblical names that parents should avoid naming their children because they have certain meanings.
The meaning of most of these names is related to the character of the people mentioned in the Bible. This is what the Bible means, that is, parents are not allowed to name their children.
1. Judas. According to the Bible, the name means traitor. This is because even though Judas was a disciple of Jesus, he still betrayed him. From a Christian perspective, Judas is not a good example of how to name children.
2. Arnon. As everyone knows, Amnon raped his daughter, for which he was cursed.
3. Jezebel. This is a feminine name. According to the Bible, Jezebel is considered the most evil woman, promoted prostitution by building a temple and was cursed.
4. Abimela. It is used to name men. He and his descendants were cursed by God after killing his brother and making him king.
5. Goliath. According to the Bible, the name means the enemy of Israel (Christians), so naming the name as a person is not a good example.
6. Herod. The name means the king 's father, destroyer. This is because he wanted to kill the baby Jesus when he was born to destroy his mission.
7. Lucifer. The name means dark spirit, and according to the Bible, he is considered to be Satan.
8. Cain. The name means murderer or jealousy. This is because he killed his brother Abel after God accepted his sacrifice.
9. Ham. He and his descendants were cursed after seeing their father (Noah) naked.
10. Saul. This name is not a good example of being named because he (Saul) persecuted Christians before God blindfolded him. Later he changed his name to Paul. Before naming a child, parents should know the definition of the name.
Content created and supplied by: MPHNews (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More