The ANC Eastern Cape chairperson and Premier Oscar Mabuyane have rejected claims that he was poisoned during last month's provincial elective conference. He reacted to the media report that said he escaped death after being poisoned by some of his comrades who are not happy with him. The same report claimed that Mabuyane has not been seen publicly as a result and has been recovering and working from home.
His office rejected the claims and assured him he was in good health. The spokesperson of his office Khuselwa Rantjie Said that the Office of the premier wishes to reject, with the contempt it deserves, the misinformation being spread on social media platforms regarding the health status of the Eastern Cape Premier Lubabalo Oscar Mabuyane. She further said that the article which was said to have been written by Thabo Makwakwa and published on what is branded by media agency online platform first surfaced on Sunday claiming that, Premier Mabuyane was poisoned after winning the ANC's provincial elective congress is not true.
As for the working from home part, his spokesperson confirmed it was so, He has not been able to make public appearances due to a freak accident that left his toes sprained. During his working from home, he, unfortunately, did not make any public appearances. As for the poisoning, claims were not true. His doctors put a cast on his sprained toes and he was advised to stay at home until fully recovered. The office has since warned the media to abstain from spreading false news on social media.
Mabuyane is said to be well and still executing his duties as the leader of the Eastern Cape Provincial government. Oscar was re-elected as the ANC Eastern Cape chairperson after defeating Babalo Madikizela who was contesting against him. The killings of ANC officials are ripe in KwaZulu-Natal and the Eastern Cape, but the Eastern Cape province sat down and ironed its differences before going for the provincial conference.
Important message: Please share, comment and follow me.
Content created and supplied by: BhejangethunaAfrocentricNews (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More