List of Senators who Voted out Kipchumba Murkomen as the Senate Majority Leader
The senator for Elgeyo Marakwet, Mr. Onesmus Kipchumba Murkomen, finally faced the impeachment as the senate majority leader.
He was voted out by a number of his fellow senators from Jubilee party who attended today's senate proceedings which led to his official replacement by the senator for West Pokot County Mr. Samuel Poghisio, a member of KANU party.
This happened even after the party tribunal of the Jubilee party came to a disagreement with the kind of coalition agreement which was made by the party leader together with the KANU party leader, Gideon Moi.
The changes were then approved by the speaker of the senate Mr. Keneth Lusaka after he was voted out by his fellow colleagues at the party.
Here is the list and names of senators who got to impeach senator Murkomen;
1. Senator Gideon Moi representing Baringo County and the KANU party leader.
2. Senator Ndwiga Peter Njeru representing Meru County.
3. SenatorHaji Mohammed Yusuf representing Garissa County.
4. Senator Milgo Alice Chepkorir, a nominated senator.
5. Senator Kamar Margaret Jepkoech representing Uasin Gishu County.
6. Senator Poghisio Samuel Losuron representing West Pokot County and the new senate majority leader.
7. Senator Ali Abdullahi Ibrahim representing Wajir County.
8. Senator Mbito Michael Maling’ a representing Trans Nzoia County.
9. Senator Ephraim Mwangi representing Nyeri County.
10. Senator Paul Mwangi Githiomi representing Nyandarua County.
11. Senator Beth Mugo Wambui, a nominated senator
12. Senator Haji Farhiya, a nominated senator
13. Senator Johnson Sakaja representing Nairobi County.
14. Senator Irungu Kangata representing Murang’ a County.
15. Senator Hargura Godana representing Marsabit County.
16. Senator Kiburu Charles Reubenson representing Kirinyaga County.
17. Senator Isaac Mwaura, a nominated Senator
18. Senator Kimani Wamatangi representing Kiambu County.
19. Senator Halake Abshiro Soka, a nominated Senator
20. Senator Adan Dullo Fatuma representing Isiolo
The Senate proceedings were also attended by;
1. Hon. Raphael Tuju, the Jubilee Party Secretary-General
Absent with Apology
1. Senator Walio Golich Juma representing Tana River
2. Senator Linturi Franklin Mithika representing Meru
3. Senator Waqo Naomi Jilo, a nominated Senator.
So senator Murkomen was voted out by a total of 20 senators from Jubilee party.