Mabuza attempted to warn Mpumalanga activist Pompie Letwaba through a letter sent last week, but the effort failed.
Lawyer Ulrich Roux, representing Mabuza, said the deputy president was planning to apply to the High Court in Johannesburg later this week.
Letwaba has spoken openly on various media platforms about his accusations against Mabuza.
He alleged on Newzroom Afrika and eNCA that various people had been killed after Mabuza took office as premier of Mpumalanga.
His accusations are seemingly an attempt to link Mabuza to political killings in the province.
Letwaba listed various murders that had taken place in Mpumalanga since 2009, including that of former Mbombela speaker Jimmy Mohlala.
Mabuza served as Mpumalanga premier from 2009 to 2018.
Letwaba provided no evidence regarding his allegations but said Mabuza had failed to condemn the killings.
Since Letwaba had ignored the letter sent to him last week, Roux said the deputy president would seek to gag him through a court application.
The court application will seek an interdict to stop Letwaba from continuing to make allegations against Mabuza.
It will also seek to have punitive costs slapped on Letwaba for defamation.
"We gave him an opportunity until the close of business yesterday (Monday) to respond to the letter of demand that he retract the defamatory comments he made about the deputy president. He has ignored the letter of demand. He leaves us with no choice but to proceed to court to seek relief against him," Roux said.
"We will be launching the interdict proceedings against him this week and instituting a claim for damages. The comments are defamatory, and the allegations are devoid of any truth," Roux added.
Letwaba has dared the deputy president to apply, adding that he will defend himself on the stand.
"I am not going to apologize today [or] in future. I am not going to account for making the deputy president account for his 'misgovernance' of the Mpumalanga province," Letwaba said.
Content created and supplied by: MBCNetwork (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More