Sign in
Download Opera News App

Health

 

Health Living

 

Physical Exercise and Bodybuilding

When You See This On A Girl's Body Or Boy's Body, This Is What It Means

Source: Targetstudy.com (Why do some people have protruding navel while some have bowl shaped navel?)


Source Link: https://targetstudy.com/qna/why-do-some-people-have-protruding-navel-outie-belly-button-while-some-have-bowl-shaped-navel-innie-belly-button.html


Navels vary in shape and size; some have protruding navels (outie belly button), while others have bowl-shaped navels (innie belly button). According to one study, innies account for 90% of the belly button population, with outies accounting for the remaining 10%. The precise cause of this innie/outie belly button remains a medical enigma. Despite the fact that there are some intriguing hypotheses.


Among these are:


1. The navel is the first scar on the body. The umbilical chord, which provides nutrition to the newborn baby, is regularly severed shortly after the placenta is removed. The cord is severed between two clamps set a few inches away from the baby's body.


2. The remaining umbilical cord remnants ultimately wither and fall off, leaving a little scar known as the belly button. Many people's scars are concave, which means they recede into the body. Depending on individual anatomy variances, the leftover scar tissue protrudes slightly from the body for others.

3. Another hypothesis is that an innie belly button is normal, whereas an outie is caused by a genetic mutation. There is, however, no scientific proof to back it up.


4. Another hypothesis holds that the doctor's treatment of the umbilical chord can impact the formation of an innie or outie belly button. In actuality, the umbilical cord is almost always constricted several inches from the body, and the residual cord cannot be physically handled. The belly button scar is permanent once it falls off. Although a surgical outie-to-innie conversion is technically conceivable, it is rarely accomplished.

5. Some people assume that the outie belly button is caused by an abdominal hernia. If the muscles of the baby's abdominal walls weaken and collapse, a condition known as a hernia occurs, the baby's belly button may protrude rather than remain concave. While a herniated disc is a possibility, the chances of it permanently affecting the direction of a belly button are slim. The creation of subcutaneous scar tissue, rather than injured muscle tissue, determines whether the belly button is an innie or an outie.

Content created and supplied by: HopeAlive1 (via Opera News )

COMMENTS

Load app to read more comments