Many parents are finding it difficult to control their children's lapses and anger. They virtually tackle negative with negative, and they end up complicating things why thinking of solving it.
Thus, if you as a parent have trouble controlling your anger towards your child, these tips will be effective if carefully followed:
1. As a parent, you have to make a firm decision that you will at no time shout at your children unless it’s a matter of safety.
2. Make a firm decision beforehand what you’ll do if you start to become angry towards a negative behavior from your child.
3. Try to walk away from the situation causing the risen anger if necessary.
4. In a state of anger, try to take five deep breaths when you become agitated about something.
5. As a parent, you must avoid using threats towards your child or children.
6. Be analytical bg analysing the role you have to play in the conflict management and resolutions.
7. Think about what unmet needs your child has, so that you can get to the root of the issue, e.g. he might feel as if he has no control over his life, which explains his rebellious behaviour
Content created and supplied by: Daa-Dee (via Opera News )