Fruity Cremora Tarts
Makes 38 tart cups
Hands-on time: 30 minutes
Hands-off time: Overnight
8 (80g) coconut biscuits
2 tbsp margarine, melted
1 cup (140g) NESTLÉ Cremora Original
½ tin (192.5g) NESTLÉ Full Cream Sweetened Condensed Milk
¼ cup lemon juice
2 tsp powdered gelatine
For the tropical granadilla Cremora tart:
3 tbsp granadilla pulp, plus extra for the garnish
Small mint leaves, to garnish
*Microwave cooking times may vary due to wattage; use the timings below as a guide.
1. Line 2 mini muffin trays with mini cupcake liners and grease lightly.
2. Place the biscuits in a resealable bag and crush them until fine using a rolling pin. *Chef’s Tip: Finely grind the cookies in a food processor, if preferred.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the biscuit crumbs with the melted margarine and mix until well coated. Divide it between the cupcake liners by adding ½ tsp of the crumb mixture to each, pressing down firmly to form the base of the tarts. Refrigerate until needed.
4. In a large mixing bowl, using a hand mixer, whisk the NESTLÉ Cremora Original with 4 tablespoons of cold water for 3-4 minutes until tripled in volume and medium peaks have formed.
5. Add the NESTLÉ Full Cream Sweetened Condensed Milk and lemon juice. Beat for 2 more minutes until smooth and thick.
6. Pour 30ml of cold water into a small bowl and sprinkle the gelatine on top. Stir and set aside for 5 minutes to firm up.
7. Heat the gelatine mixture in the microwave for 5-10 seconds until melted. Stir until smooth. Stir in 3 tablespoons of the whipped Cremora mixture. Pour this back into the remaining whipped Cremora mixture and whisk until smooth.
8. For the classic lemon Cremora tart: Fold the lemon curd through the Cremora tart filling until smooth. Spoon the mixture over the biscuit bases and garnish each with a slice of lemon.
9. For the crushed pineapple Cremora tart: Fold the crushed pineapple through the Cremora tart filling until evenly dispersed. *Chef’s Tip: Ensure the pineapple is thoroughly drained before adding. Spoon the mixture over the biscuit bases and garnish each with a dollop of extra crushed pineapple.
10. For the tropical granadilla Cremora tart: Fold the granadilla pulp through the Cremora tart filling until evenly dispersed. Spoon the mixture over the biscuit bases and garnish each with a dollop of extra granadilla pulp.
11. Refrigerate the tarts for 5-6 hours until set or overnight for best results. Garnish each with a mint leaf and ENJOY!
Content created and supplied by: Shanelize (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More