1 tbsp Butter
1 tbsp all purpose flour
1/2 cup milk (Cold)
100 grams Dark chocolate(75% cocoa)
1 pinch salt
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 medium size egg yolk
2 medium size egg whites
3 tbsp Sugar
Cocoa powder to serve
450 mls whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
150 grams' caster sugar
1. Pre-heat oven to 325° F (162° C) degrees.
2. Put the kettle on and bring approximately 1/1.5 litre water to the boil.
3. Put a heavy saucepan over medium heat for 30 seconds. Add 1/2 cup sugar. Stir continually with the back of the wooden spoon until sugar is completely melted, caramelized and become rich medium brown colour. Remove from the heat immediately and carefully spoon into the base of each ramekins. Place the caramel coated ramekins into a deep roasting tray
4. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the 3 eggs with 50 grams' caster sugar until they are frothy
5. Meanwhile in a clean saucepan bring the cream and vanilla extract to just below the boil, remove from the heat.
6. Stirring constantly, gradually add hot cream to egg yolk mixture. Stir until the sugar is dissolved, ladle mixture into ramekins over the caramel.
7. Slowly pour in hot water until it is 3/4 of the way up the sides of the ramekins. Bake uncovered in water bath for 50-60 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean when inserted half way between centre and the edge of dish.
Note: To ensure the custard does not over-cook, check after 45 minutes, then every 5 minutes.
1. Carefully remove each ramekin from the water bath. Leave to cool, then chill thoroughly in refrigerator. This usually takes at least 1 hour.
2. When ready to serve, un-mold by running a knife around the inside edge of baking dish. Place a small dessert plate on the top of the ramekin. With one hand under the ramekin and the other on top of the place, turn over. Tap the ramekin and the flan should drop onto the plate. If it does not, carefully “prod" the flan out of the ramekin with a small paring knife. It should slide out of the ramekin onto the plate.
3. Serve on its own or with whipped cream
Content created and supplied by: Da_Nilla (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More