Chelsea fc have been booked to host Manchester City in their sixth match of the 2021/22 Premier League season. With the clash of these two EPL giants set to be memorable, here are three reasons why Chelsea could beat Manchester City.
1. Current Performance: The Blues are in good form and have managed to remain unbeaten in their last fourteen games in all competitions. The team's defensive record in the EPL so far is impressive. Meanwhile, Manchester City have difficulty maintaining consistency. The blues, as is often mentioned, could count on Manchester City's inconsistency and deal them their fourth consecutive loss.
2. Last Victory: The blues have had an impressive record lately when clashing with citizens.
Let's take a look at their last five matches in all competitions.
1. Manchester City 0-1 Chelsea
2. Manchester City 1-2 Chelsea
3. Chelsea 1-0 Man City
4. Chelsea 1-3 Man City
5. Chelsea 2-1 Man City
Judging from the results above, you'll notice that Chelsea's win percentage against Manchester City is impressive. Therefore, the team can count on this dominance and continue their winning form against Manchester City.
3. Manchester City do not have a suitable number nine on their squad: this is one of the advantages that Chelsea fc have. The lack of a natural striker saw them drop two points in week five against Southampton as the team had shots on goal from sixteen attempts on goal. Also in last season's Champions League final, Manchester City couldn't break through the Chelsea defense as they started the game without a natural striker.
What I'm basically saying is that Chelsea's defense is stable and it might be difficult for Manchester City to break through the defense without the services of a natural striker.
In short, Chelsea will excel in this game because they are playing at home and the fans will increase the pace and morale of the team.
Meanwhile, do you think Chelsea will beat Manchester City? Share your views in the comments section.
Content created and supplied by: Topgister (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More