3 large tortillas
Olive oil, for brushing
1 pack Fry’s Chickpea & Quinoa Falafels 270g
6 large iceberg lettuce leaves
1 tbsp lemon juice
Salt & pepper to taste
Sesame seeds, grated carrot and a fresh herb to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Cut each of the 3 tortillas in half. For each cone use half of a tortilla.
3. Roll the two cut edges around each other, creating a cone. Fold the excess on the inside and press to bond together. Pierce the edges with a toothpick to firmly hold the cone together while baking.
4. Brush very lightly with olive oil on the outside of each tortilla cone.
5. Place the cones upright in a 6-hole muffin tin.
6. Place the Fry’s Chickpea & Roasted Butternut Balls and Fry’s Chickpea & Quinoa Falafels on a greased baking tray, spread out evenly and brush with oil. Bake in the oven together with the tortilla cones for 15 minutes until golden & crispy.
7. Remove both trays from the oven & allow to cool.
8. Scoop the flesh out of the avo & place in a bowl, add 1 tbsp lemon juice, salt & pepper to taste.
9. Mash well with a fork.
10. Assemble the tortilla cone, place chopped lettuce inside each cone, essentially lining the inside of the cone.
11. Add a generous spoonful of smashed avo to the bottom of each cone.
12. Add a cooked Fry’s ball of your choice to each cone.
13. Top each cone with a generous spoonful of beetroot hummus.
14. Garnish with sesame seeds, carrots and fresh herbs & ENJOY!
Content created and supplied by: Shanelize (via Opera News )