Sign in
Download Opera News App

 

 

10 Things In Your House That Kill You Slowly You May Not Know

There are ten items in your home that can cause a horrible death, and you aren't aware of them. 

This page is devoted to providing information about 15 items commonly found in houses that, if handled incorrectly, can be quite dangerous. Some of these things may contain radioactive chemicals, may be highly toxic, or may simply be hazardous. 

As technology continues to advance, new decor is introduced on a daily basis to keep our tastes current. The majority of these items either enhance the aesthetics of our homes, assist us in relaxing, or improve the overall quality of our work. These types of home modifications may appear to be beneficial and attractive, but often include hazardous chemicals that could cause us to become ill. 

2. Range with gas burners 

Our homes are made more beautiful by houseplants, which we place on balconies, in hallways, and in living rooms to name a few examples. The inhalation, consumption, or contact with these plants can be hazardous to one's health, even though they appear to be lovely and inviting on the surface. 


3.Extension cords are available. 


Carbon monoxide is regularly found to be a factor in fatalities. The cooking range, which is found in almost every home, contains additional potentially hazardous substances such as propane and butane, which are harmful to the lungs. 

cables that are used to increase the reach of an electric power source 

When it comes to fires caused by extension cords, the most prevalent cause is a lack of properly installed wiring in the first place. This is a very common item that may be found in most households. A frayed extension cable poses a major fire threat, and it can become frayed over time as a result of regular use. 

4. Mouthwash and toothpaste 

Almost everyone has toothpaste in their home, and fluoride is almost always included in the toothpaste. The thing that will eventually destroy you will kill you at such a gradual rate that you will not be aware of what is happening. Because of the presence of fluoride, which can be hazardous in high concentrations, it is possible that extreme toxicity will occur. Individuals who swallow toothpaste may experience an upset stomach as well as an obstruction of the intestine. 

Electric blankets are number five on the list. 

Despite the fact that they are expensive and time-consuming to operate, it is not uncommon to find them in high-end properties. If you're pregnant and you're using an electric blanket, you're more likely to feel hot. Additionally, it emits a considerable amount of electromagnetic radiation, which has been linked to cancer and stroke. 


6. Swimming Pool Located Indoors 


In these environments, we are frequently offered with opportunities for comfort and relaxation. Despite the fact that indoor swimming pools are excellent, there are some disadvantages to using one. Because the chlorine levels in indoor pools are generally higher than in outdoor pools, you run the danger of getting respiratory problems as well as dehydrating your body. 

7. Use of an air conditioner 

Air conditioning is another feature that is often found in most homes today. It is imperative that they are present throughout the warmest days of summer. In addition, air conditioners can take a long time to extinguish your flames. Those who wear contact lenses may experience an increase in the severity of eye problems such as conjunctivitis and blepharitis as a result of the usage of air conditioners. A leaking air conditioning unit can contaminate the air, resulting in seizures, respiratory problems, and even death in some cases. 

8. Television with a flat screen 

This is, by far, the most frequently used domestic appliance. As a result of excessive exposure to hazardous radiation, those who watch more than three hours of television every day are at risk for problems such as poor sleep, behavioral disorders, and other health problems. 


Mothballs (number 9) 


When storing clothing, small chemical pesticides and deodorants known as mothballs can be used to keep pests at bay, and they are particularly effective. Many harmful habits may be described, but this is one that ought to be highlighted specifically. Moth balls contain toxic compounds such as paradichlorobenzene or naphthalene, which are harmful to the environment. Mothballs emit an unpleasant odor when exposed to air because they transform into a gas when exposed to oxygen. 


It is possible that the gases produced by this chimney will cause irritation to the eyes, lungs and nasal passages, as well as headaches, dizziness, and nausea. Both have been linked in the development of cancer. 


Please forward this to your friends and family members right away. Make sure they are aware of these issues. 

Paints are number ten. 

Paint with high levels of lead is called lead paint. 

There are other alternatives. You won't believe how reasonably priced contractors may be. 

Taboola's powerful search advertisements can assist you in getting your store ready for sales.

Lead is one of the volatile organic compounds found in many paints, and it is used in many of them. Lead is well-known to cause health concerns in some individuals. 

In addition to kidney problems, being exposed to high levels of lead can cause anemia, paralysis, renal and brain damage, and even death. Lead exposure at high concentrations has the potential to be lethal. 

Please keep in mind that, while these items are potentially hazardous to adults, they are also potentially hazardous to youngsters, so use caution when using them.

Content created and supplied by: Gistlord. (via Opera News )

COMMENTS

Load app to read more comments