Ndlovu passed away on Wednesday, but the reason for his passing is still a mystery.
Brenda Muridili, a police spokesperson and brigadier, said that since Ndlovu was a former member of the South African Police Service, they are unable to make any formal statements about his passing.
Ndlovu was brought to the forefront of the investigation after being cited in the evidence presented by Sergeant Thabo Mosia, who was testifying on behalf of the state.
It turned out that Ndlovu was the first law enforcement official to arrive at the site after Senzo had been slain.
Advocate Malesela Teffo, who represents four of the five murder accused, also told the court that Ndlovu had a meeting with his superiors and the former MEC for Community Safety Sizakele Nkosi-Malobane on the scene before calling the forensic to the scene. This meeting took place before Ndlovu called the forensic to the scene.
After the meeting that Teffo attended, he formed the hypothesis that Ndlovu was responsible for fabricating the evidence that was discovered at the murder site. He claimed that Ndlovu had interfered with the scene of the incident. Ndlovu was scheduled to take the stand as soon as the trial started back up before he passed away.
His passing happened only a few days after Teffo had sent a letter to the North Gauteng High Court in Tshwane, asking that the trial begin earlier than it was originally planned. He noted the fact that the witnesses for the defense of accused number one through four are getting grave threats against their lives from the police.
"We value the safety and security of our witnesses, just as the state is protecting its witnesses, even though it is not clear who or what is putting the lives of state witnesses in danger," he stated. "We value the safety and security of our witnesses, just as the state is protecting its witnesses."
In the meantime, a meeting will take place the following week (17 May) between the defense, the state prosecutor, and the judge with the deputy judge president. This will take place in response to Teffo's letter, which requested that the trial resume earlier than the 30th of May, citing death threats on witnesses.
Advocate Zandile Mshololo, the lawyer for the fifth accused person, would not be present since she has said in the past that she is preoccupied with other issues until May 27.
Content created and supplied by: LiveChat (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More