Sign in
Download Opera News App

 

 

ANC top official in court for bashing a woman

Different year, same old story. 

A top ANC official Luntu Sokutu has found himself in trouble with the courts. 

Sokutu is a director in the office of the premier and an ANC Youth League member.

Sokutu is accused of assaulting Inga Ncobo,the daughter of prominent businessman and former PSL referee Ace Ncobo in Beacon Bay in 2019.

A group of ANCYL activists gathered outside the court in support of Ncobo as she attended the case.

Provincial ANCWL youth women’s desk member Nobathembu Koko said: “We are here to support Inga, as she is a victim of gender based violence.

We are saying as the organisation that regardless of what transpired, we will always support GBV victims.”

ANCYL provincial co-ordinator Bongani Mani said: “The youth league does not support any form of GBV by anyone.

“Internally within the organisation, in the national structure, there is a process that has been undertaken to process Sokutu.”

The Dispatch has reported that Ncobo, who was 18 at the time, suffered bruised arms and a toe after she was allegedly assaulted by Sokutu at the drive-through McDonald’s in Beacon Bay.

NPA spokesperson Anelisa Ngcakani said the matter had been postponed to February 15 as the defence had requested further particulars from the state.

Source: https://www.dispatchlive.co.za/news/2022-01-29-bhisho-director-in-court-on-assault-charge/

Content created and supplied by: NewsReloaded (via Opera News )

ANC Ace Ncobo Luntu Sokutu PSL Sokutu

COMMENTS

Load app to read more comments