What is generally omitted about our blood?
- It would take 1,120,000 mosquitoes to drain all the blood from an adult human being.
- To get the blood circulating, the heart creates such pressure that it can release a blood flow 10 meters high.
- A human being can live without a pulse. In 2012, doctors installed a device in the body of 55-year-old Craig Lewis, which allows blood to circulate throughout the body without a pulse.
- Stan Larkin lived 555 days without a heart, waiting to receive a transplant. His own heart was replaced by a smudge device used to carry in his backpack. He could even play basketball.
- The amount of blood that passes through the body in circulation in 25 days is approximately equal to a medium-sized swimming pool.
- A person can lose 40% of their blood and still be alive. Of course, a timely blood transfusion is required.
- 21% of all heart attacks occur on Mondays. A second peak is celebrated on Fridays. Scientists assume that the reason is a "spill" of stress hormones at the beginning of a week.
- Our heartbeat influences our mood. Scientists studied this phenomenon when a man received a new heart. After the surgery, his mind, feelings, and actions changed in unusual ways.
- To reduce the risk of heart attack, it is necessary to wake up slowly in the morning and reduce the intensity of evening workouts.
- coconut water is able to restore blood plasma thanks to its similar compositions.
What are some amazing facts about food?1. [white chocolate is not chocolate] Don't be fooled by the white chocolate name. Does not contain chocolate. It's actually just a mixtu...
Content created and supplied by: Jackson46M (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More