Back pain can be one of the most persistent and depressing of all ailments because it seems to hijack your whole body!
I understand how debilitating and tiring this pain can be. So, here are my five top tips for relieving back pain.
1. Heat. So you have been told by your chiropractor to apply ice? Well if you want to, go for it. I tried that too.
But really, in reality, it is the most uncomfortable thing I ever tried and if you try to move your body while the area is still icy, then your tissues can get aggravated.
I like heat, because it feels good and it seems to give me the most relief over ice.
Do what feels right, ice has never felt like a good idea to me unless the injury was done in the last 24 hours.
2. Keep Moving. I know this seems hard and staying in bed feels like the safest place, but in reality, lying there is not going to do you any favours.
Of course you need to rest it a bit, but just make sure you keep moving around, the big balance balls are quite nice to flop over and get the circulation going.
I was told to lie on my back for two weeks when If first hurt my back, this was the worst advice I was ever given.
3. Think Positive. I know from personal experience how terribly hard it is to feel anything but wretched when we are in pain, but those negative thoughts really do have an effect on the way you hold yourself and the speed of your recovery.
Mine took six years, so I am not pretending it was easy, but once you master looking at the positive side of things, it really does start to move you forward.
4. Massage. Sports massage and deep tissue remedial massage is not always cheap but it is really worth investing in to get circulation to the area and release the associated tissues.
I always recommend a complete full body massage. After all, the body is connected at every angle, how can you release one area without releasing the areas that hold that muscle in tension?
Some masseuses have a habit of going in really hard on the point that hurts without releasing the tissues around it; this is of no long term use.
5. Acupuncture. This is not going to necessarily heal the actual injury first time as it works on all the bodys systems. It will however, relieve pain, which will put your body in a better position to heal.
It will also balance the rest of your bodys systems to they can be in a better position to support the inflammation.
Content created and supplied by: Ghost_News (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More