- 1kg of cleaned tripe, pressure cooked until soft
- 2 onions, chopped
- Ghee or butter for sauteing
- 2 tomatoes, grated
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 heaped tsp grated ginger
- 1 heaped tsp ground garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp Packo roasted masala
- 2 tsp kokhni masala
- 1/2 tsp tumeric
- 2 curry leaves
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- Pressure cook tripe until soft. Should take an hour or just a bit longer than that.
- Allow to cool and cut into thin strips.
- Saute onion in butter or ghee until golden.
- Add tomato, tomato paste and spices and curry leaves.
- Allow to cook until spices are well combined and curry sauce has thickened
- Add cooked and cut tripe into curry mix. Allow to cook so the tripe absorbs all the flavours of the curry.
- Lastly add the vinegar to add some tang.
- Serve with white rice.
- I used curry leaves here but you can also use bay leaves. It's more traditional to use bay leaves but I didn't have any. I also prefer curry leaves so if bay leaves are more your thing, please use that.
Content created and supplied by: Selvan3 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More