Kola nut is a very popular traditional food in Nigeria. The presenting of kola nuts is a must at traditional festivities. In Nigeria's south-eastern region, the kola nut is especially appreciated.
The kola nut provides a number of health benefits. However, everything that has a benefit also has a drawback. Kola nut provides certain health benefits, but it also has significant health risks, making it unsuitable for those with certain medical conditions.
The adverse effects of kola nuts can vary and grow depending on how much of the nut is consumed, according to WebMD. The heart, muscles, and neurological system are all stimulated by kola nuts (brain).
The Kola Nut Should Not Be Consumed By The Following Five (5) Groups Of People
1. Hypertensive Individuals: Hypertensive individuals have high blood pressure. High blood pressure is incurable and has the potential to be fatal. Hypertension can potentially lead to other health issues, such as heart disease.
Kola nuts contain stimulants that can raise blood pressure by triggering it. Hypertensive patients should also avoid kola nut-containing foods as much as possible.
2. Insomniacs: Insomnia is a sleep disorder in which a person is unable to fall asleep. People who suffer from insomnia find it difficult to sleep; in fact, those who suffer from severe insomnia may require the use of powerful sleeping drugs in order to sleep.
Sleep deprivation is extremely harmful and can lead to a variety of serious health issues. As a result, persons who suffer from insomnia or problems sleeping should avoid eating kola nuts or products containing kola nuts since they contain stimulants such as caffeine, which inhibit sleep.
3. Heart Problems: As previously stated, kola nut stimulates the heart, making it unsuitable for persons who have one or more heart problems.
Kola nut, for example, can cause a person's heartbeat to become erratic.
4. Shakiness: Kola nuts should be avoided by persons who suffer from disorders that produce shaky limbs.
Kola nut should not be consumed by people who have tremor-producing diseases such as Parkinson's disease because it stimulates the brain and central nervous system, creating shakiness.
5. People with Anxiety Issues: Anxiety is defined by Merriam Webster as "fear or uneasiness about something that might happen." It's natural to feel worried from time to time, but severe anxiety is a mental illness that can be treated with drugs and treatment.
Because kola nuts excite the brain, they can cause anxiety, making them unsuitable for persons with anxiety problems.
Content created and supplied by: BandileBlessing (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More