South Africa has their far share of controversial celebs. Here are some that public opinion seems to be the highest ranking most disliked celebs.
1. Oscar Pistorius
· Born 22 Ñovember 1986
· Double below the knee amputee
· Former SA professional sprinter
· Also known as the Blade runner
He was convicted of the 2013 murder of his then girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp in 2015. Oscar is currently eligible for parole.
2. Kelly Khumalo
· SA singer, actress and dancer
· Born in Spruitview in the East Rand
· Received awards such as Afro Pop Best Newcomer in 2005 and Best Female Award in 2013.
Her boyfriend Senzo Meyiwa, former Bafana Bafana and Orlando Pirates goalkeeper was shot and killed during a home invasion (robbery) at Kelly’s residence in Vosloorus. The celebs has been the object of intense public negativity and disfavour ever since.
1. Ntsiki Mazwai
· Born 3 September 1980
· Comes from Pimville, Soweto
· Poet, musician and beadwork artist
This celeb is well known for picking fights and her unapologetic controversial loudly vocal opinions. Most infamous for her comments on white women’s lack of interest in 'black hair' as opposed to black women’s alleged obsession with ‘white hair’. She further commented that if people disliked her tweets that they should simply just block her.
1. Gareth Cliff
· SA radio and TV personality
· Began his career on Radio 702
· Later hosted the breakfast show on 5fm.
· Well known for his lack of censorship on radio
· For example, he put the government under the microscope for footing the bill for Senzo Meyiwa’s burial.
· He called a female caller a bitch live on air.
· Defended Penny Sparrows comment referring to black Beach goers as 'monkeys' as Freedom of speech.
Twitter users exploded on media labelling Gareth as a racist and demanded that he be removed as Idols SA judge.
1. Steve Hofmeyer
· SA singer, songwriter, actor and TV personality
· Self proclaimed Afrikaaner activist
· Infamous for highly racist comments regarding black peoples unwillingness to acknowledge their role in society.
· Also said to blame Esmarè Weideman, editor and 2 journalists of Huisgenoot for his divorce.
· Allegedly upturned a cup of tea on Esmarè at the Miss SA Finals.
6. Julius Malema
· Born 3 March 1981
· Member of parliament
· Leader of EFF ( Economic Freedom Fighters )
· He founded EFF in 2013
· Convicted of Hate Speech after singing the phrase ‘Shoot the Boer’ which got him expelled from the ANC.
Content created and supplied by: TamG (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More