These are a handful of "signs" that I have noticed in my life that have indicated personal growth and evolution. It is important to take time to occasionally look back at how you might have evolved and grown in your mental health.
It can be easy to focus on what you're not, so make it a point to reflect on who you already are. Perhaps your idea of personal growth overlaps with some of the things mentioned below:
* You take responsibility for your actions.
* You view failure as an opportunity for growth.
* You know when to take a break.
* You recognize harmful patterns and relationships.
* You treat yourself and others more compassionately.
* You do not react to every thought or feeling.
* You identify and set healthy boundaries.
* Being able to recognize harmful relationships; knowing who to surround yourself with and who to cut out or spend less time around. It can be really hard but it's so important. I mean good things don't come easy.
* Following through on promises even on the days we don't feel like it!
Content created and supplied by: Lingiswa (via Opera
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform