It is not uncommon to observe elderly persons with curved backbones, and even some middle-aged adults have difficulty keeping their posture straight. The bending and straightening of our backbones is a rather predictable process.
On the other hand, when the spine is subjected to an excessive amount of stress, it may start to curve, causing us to lose our upright posture. This is represented in the way that we walk and the way that we sit. Because some people aren't aware of this, it's going to be challenging for them to find a solution to the problem. By engaging in the following activities on a regular basis, you may ensure that your spine remains in good alignment:
1. The way you hold your phone when standing, sitting, or resting in bed can cause strain on your backbone, according to a study that was published on Healthline.
It is possible to improve the strength of your backbone by putting your phone down for a set amount of time each day. It is possible that at first this will be difficult for you to accomplish because you have a large number of messages and calls that need your attention. On the other hand, in due course, you will acquire accustomed to it.
2. Before beginning any activity, you should warm up by stretching your arms and legs high above your head. Some of us frequently fail to remember to do so because of the hectic nature of our daily activities.
If you stretch before beginning a new activity, you can help maintain the health of your backbone. You can also do this the moment you wake up each morning as soon as you get out of bed.
3. Keep your back straight and bring your hands down to touch your toes. Put your hands on your pelvis, and while doing so, move your head backwards. Move your waist around such that your weight is distributed evenly left to right and forward to backward.
4. You should always make sure to wear a pair of shoes that are both comfortable and do not put any strain on your spine. This is an important consideration regardless of whether you will be going out or remaining in. There is a possibility that the bottoms and hills of the shoes you wear will either hurt or support your backbone. It is a good idea to put on anything that will assist you in walking in a more prudent manner.
5. Whether you're at work, at home, or somewhere else, try not to spend an excessive amount of time sitting on a chair. Be careful to keep track of the amount of time you have been sitting, and if you find that you have been sitting for an excessive amount of time, get up and move around.
When you sit, check that both of your feet are firmly planted on the ground. You should keep your back against the chair and cross your legs while you are here.
Content created and supplied by: Lajunior (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More