Pizza probably isn’t what you think of as a healthy meal. However, choosing cauliflower and chia seeds instead of ingredients such as regular flour is much beneficial. Not that’s only delicious yet, it promises various health benefits.
Cauliflower contains an abundance of vitamins that our bodies crave for. In fact, this cruciferous vegetable contains riboflavin, omega-3 fatty acids, pantothenic acid, thiamine, niacin, folic acid, vitamin K, etc. In addition, it’s high in vegetable protein, phosphorus, and potassium.
This tasty vegetable contains cancer-combating anti-inflammatory compounds like sulforaphane known for destroying cancer stem cells. Thus, provides positive effects against breast cancer, colon cancer, cancer, and prostate cancer.
On the other hand, chia seeds are packed with fiber, calcium, iron, magnesium, and omega-3 essential fatty acids. Also, they contain antioxidants that decrease the production of free radicals. Thus, contributes to disrupting the work of the cells, which can lead to premature aging and even to cancer. The crunchy vegetable simply offers amazing health benefits.
Here’s how to prepare cauliflower/chia seeds pizza crust:
1 large cauliflower head (organic)
3/4 cup ground almonds
1/4 cup chia seeds
1 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
3/4 cup water salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
2. Add the chia seeds to the water and put them in a fridge for approximately 20 mins before you use them.
3. Cut the cauliflower into small pieces and put them in a food processor or blender, mix till you get a fine rice-like texture.
4. Add 3 cups of the processed cauliflower into a large bowl, then add the almonds, oregano, salt, and pepper. Make a hole in the center of the mixture and add the soaked chia.
5. Mix the ingredients using your hand, and shape them in the form of a ball. Note that the dough will become sticky and less firm than traditional dough.
6. Use your hands to form a flat crust on the baking tray. Make a ridge at the edges, and bake for 25 mins or till golden brown.
7. Add your tomato sauce and your favorite pizza toppings. Lastly, bake for another 5-10 mins. Enjoy!
Content created and supplied by: mzimandes (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More