Sign in
Download Opera News App

News Politics

 

Politics

 

Africa politics

Prayers pour in for IFP founder Mangosuthu Buthelezi after he contracted Covid-19 again

06 December 2021

Writer: Sphe J Hadebe


South Africa learnt some sad news on Monday afternoon about one of the long lasting leaders of this country.

As the number of Covid-19 statistics continues to grow high since the emerge of the omicron variant, more and more people are getting tested positive now. There are very little tests which comes back negative as most of them comes back with positive results.

This is evident though with the high hospital admissions. Already the hospitals and ICU are struggling to cope with huge number of admission that is due to Covid-19 all because of this variant.

Many people are also experiencing this bad flue which started few months back before this omicron was detected and even now they are still sick with it.

As we always say that these statistics are not just numbers but they are names and it is the names of people we know.

This variant has also struck a lot in the parliament or politicians as we have seen high profile politicians getting contracted with it.

We have learnt that the IFP founder and president emeritus Mangosuthu Buthelezi has contracted Covid-19 for the second time.

Last year in August, Buthelezi got infected with this virus for the first time and recovered fully as he continued with his political activities as he we saw him down in the ground during the campaign of the local government elections.

The family issued a statement informing the nation and his party members that he has contracted this deadly virus and that he will now be in isolation.

According to the family spokesperson, Dr. Bhekuyise Buthelezi, in a statement released on Monday the 6th of December, the 93 years old Buthelezi who is also the Prime minister of the Zulu nation had again tested positive for the Covid-19.

He said that Buthelezi is self isolating at his home in Kwaphindangene, near Ulundi where he is under medical supervision.

He has cancelled all public engagements including attending the installation of the chancellor of the University of Cape town, Dr Precious Moloi- Motsepe, which he had been scheduled to attend.

“We are pleased to say that, as with his first bout in August last year, he remains relatively asymptomatic and is in good spirits,”’ Dr Buthelezi said. 

"As required, he has begun self -isolating at home for the mandatory period. We are grateful to know that he is double vaccinated and will be monitored by a very capable team.

source:https://mg.co.za/news/2021-12-06-mangosuthu-buthelezi-contracts-covid-19-for-second-time/

Content created and supplied by: Mzansicelebritynews (via Opera News )

Buthelezi Covid-19 IFP South Africa Sphe J Hadebe

COMMENTS

Load app to read more comments