Opera News

Opera News App

Bad news for Zimbabwe

Mahwira
By Mahwira | self meida writer
Published 19 days ago - 32 views

There is bad news that has been revealed regarding Zimbabwe. This is after a top executive in the Department of Health and Child Care warned that there will be a third wave of Covid-19 infections in Zimbabwe if there is no urgent vaccination of the people against the virus. Portia Manangazira, who is the director of epidemiology and disease control in the Ministry of Health and Child Care made these remarks.

She emphasized that Zimbabwe is at great risk of being hit by the third wave of infections if there is any delay in the procurement of the vaccines.

A few days ago , the Chinese government made q commitment to offer some vaccines to Zimbabwe, and the government also assured that it had secured millions for the procurement of vaccines.

Portia is reported by News Day as having highlighted that there is need for population immunity to be achieved through vaccination.

She added that if 80 percent of the population of Zimbabwe is vaccinated,then the remaining 20 percent will be safe from the Covid-19 pandemic.

https://www.newsday.co.zw/2021/02/covid-19-3rd-wave-imminent-govt/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Content created and supplied by: Mahwira (via Opera News )

Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform

YOU MAY LIKE

SASSA Payment Dates For March

25 minutes ago

59 🔥

SASSA Payment Dates For March

THE DA AS Specialist HYPOCRITES Dispute THE MATRIC PASS Rate

47 minutes ago

0 🔥

THE DA AS Specialist HYPOCRITES Dispute THE MATRIC PASS Rate

Inmate Class Of 2020 Scored A Higher Pass Rate Than The National Pass Rate.

49 minutes ago

5 🔥

Inmate Class Of 2020 Scored A Higher Pass Rate Than The National Pass Rate.

5 top stories of this week in IOL

55 minutes ago

2 🔥

5 top stories of this week in IOL

Good news for SASSA recipients as they will be receiving more in March

1 hours ago

201 🔥

Good news for SASSA recipients as they will be receiving more in March

Bad news for 2020 academic year matric learners

1 hours ago

155 🔥

Bad news for 2020 academic year matric learners

Girl please choose your shoes wisely, my girlfriend gave me a mini heart attack.

1 hours ago

3 🔥

Girl please choose your shoes wisely, my girlfriend gave me a mini heart attack.

Pass rate for the South African inmates who sat for the 2020 examinations impressive

1 hours ago

2 🔥

Pass rate for the South African inmates who sat for the 2020 examinations impressive

Bad news for SA's who are using the following: Alcohol, cigarette and petrol

1 hours ago

2 🔥

Bad news for SA's who are using the following: Alcohol, cigarette and petrol

SASSA appeal closing date for R350 grant

2 hours ago

87 🔥

SASSA appeal closing date for R350 grant

COMMENTS

View all comments