How Honey helps You to treat Your Health Problems.
Honey is a sweet liquid made by bees using the nectar from flowers. It is graded by color, with the clear, golden amber honey often fetching a higher retail price than the darker varieties.Honey has high levels of monosaccharides, fructose, and glucose, and it contains about 70 to 80 percent sugar, which provides its sweetness. Honey also has antiseptic and antibacterial properties. Modern medical science has managed to find uses for honey in chronic wound management and combating infection. Below are the great benefits of honey.
1.Home Remedy for Cough:Honey is known to be one of the best home remedies for dry cough as well as wet cough. Research has also shown that drinking a tablespoon of honey can reduce irritation in the throat. Honey is the preferred natural remedy for cough, especially for kids, as it helps to relieve nocturnal cough, allowing proper sleep.
2. Memory:Some say honey can improve both short- and long-term memory, especially in menopausal and postmenopausal women. In one studyTrusted Source, postmenopausal women who were given tualang honey treatments for several weeks saw as much improvement in their immediate memory as women given hormone therapy of estrogen and progestin.
3.Useful in weight Management:Did you know you can use Honey for Weight management? According to the famous author and nutritionist Mike McInnes, honey burns body fat even while when you are sleeping. It is one of the best foods for losing weight. Doctors recommend to have a spoonful of honey before going to bed. You can also consume a little honey with warm water on empty stomach early in the morning. Having it first thing in the morning, helps increase the metabolism, which in turn helps reduce weight faster. Honey is also good for improving your overall health.
4. Diabetes:Honey has a lower glycemic index than sugar, which means it won’t spike your blood sugar levels the way sugar will. Honey also has a sweeter taste than sugar and may help you use less sweetener on foods. This makes honey a better option than sugar. In one study, researchers found that swapping honey for pure sugar is an effective way to keep blood sugar levels steady.
5.Nourishes your skin and face:Using Honey for skin is very useful because of its moisturizing and nourishing properties. Honey is the best natural moisturizer, especially for your dry skin and it is also very easy to apply. Raw honey not only unclogs pores but it also helps moisturize parched skin. It also helps curing cracked lips during winters. Many people also use honey masks for skin tone correction. Also being a natural antiseptic, it is useful for treatment of wounds, bruises, cuts, burns and other infections
6. Cancer:Honey is celebrated for its antioxidant properties, which causes many to wonder if it can help prevent or treat cancer. A 2011 study from Iran looked at how honey affects renal cell carcinoma, a type of kidney cancer. The researchers found that honey is effective in stopping cancer cells from multiplying, and they concluded that it warrants further study as a cancer treatment.
7. Wounds and ulcers:Honey has been used to dress wounds for centuries, but does it work better than gels and compresses? The research is mixed, but certainly not against honey. The Mayo Clinic says that honey can sterilize wounds and promote healing, and also reduce pain, odor, and wound size. It can also treat antibiotic-resistant bacteria and long-term ulcers and wounds after surgery and from burns.Other researchers agree that it can be effective, or even superior, to other wound dressings, but it all depends on the wound. For deep cuts and wounds, it may delay healing time. You should only use honey after you’ve seen a doctor.
8. Fertility:Honey has been lauded for its potential to boost fertility in both men and women, but the evidence is mixed. Two separate studies using rats, conducted in Nigeria in 2013, give very different results. While one showed that honey increases the sperm count of male rats, the other showed that too much honey can have a negative effect on fertility in rats. More research needs to be done.
HOW HONEY HELP THE EYE
1.Heals Eye Diseases:Fresh and untreated honey is commonly the best medicine for a wide range of eye conditions.Honey is the best medicine for eye diseases such as corneal ulcers of inflammatory and traumatic origin, blepharoconjunctivitis, and ulcerative blepharitis due to its antibacterial properties.For eye problems, such as the dimness of the cornea, freshly combed honey can be the best option. The same remedy can be used if the cataract is in the initial phase.
2.Reduce eye wrinkles:We are all afraid of the signs of aging that can discourage us even before we start to feel old. Fortunately, in addition to treating eye disorders, honey is also great at reducing fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes.Just apply a little honey on your closed eyes and let it sit for 15 minutes. Then wash it with warm water.
3. Keeps Your Vision Intact:It goes without saying that honey is very effective in protecting our vision. Indeed, in addition to being rich in antioxidants, it also contains several essential vitamins and minerals such as zinc.We need enough zinc in our body for the proper functioning of our optic nerves. Use eye drops with honey regularly to protect your vision.
4. Cures Conjunctivitis:Everyone, at some time or another, becomes victims of the pink eye. This condition is even more common in young children, which agitates and irritates them with watery and itchy eyes.Several studies have indicated that honey eye drops are effective in curing conjunctivitis