Stress is defined as a condition of anxiety, mental pressures, concern, and other powerful sensations and emotions brought on by a variety of situations, both personal and professional.
Because life constantly puts people face to face with numerous challenges, it is natural to experience stress on occasion. However, how people handle stress has a significant impact on whether or not they live a long and healthy life.
Stress, according to Healthline, can cause the body to go into fight or flight mode, which can lead to health issues. Stress can create major health problems, which is why people need to learn good stress management techniques.
Here are five health issues that stress can cause.
1. Diabetes is a disease caused by two factors: excessive blood sugar and insulin resistance. Unmanaged stress has the potential to raise blood glucose levels in patients with type 2 diabetes, aggravating their condition. Stress can also lead to a condition known as stress eating.
People who are stressed eat poor diets such as junk food, which can elevate their blood sugar levels and create diabetes or worsen an existing condition.
2. Heart Diseases: Stress has been linked to various heart problems. When a person is stressed and does not take steps to manage their stress in a healthy way, it can lead to a variety of cardiac problems.
Long-term emotional stress, for example, can promote the release of triglycerides and an increase in cholesterol levels, both of which can lead to cardiac problems. Blood pressure might also rise as a result of stress.
3. Premature Aging And Death: Premature aging occurs when a person matures more quickly than they should. Stress has been found in studies to speed up the aging process by up to seventeen years. As a result, a 35-year-old can appear to be 50-years-old.
Stress can cause early death in addition to premature aging. People who are constantly stressed have a higher risk of dying young.
4. Anxiety And Depression: Anxiety is a fearful and worried state about what may happen in the future. Depression is a terrible mental illness that makes a person feel unhappy, insignificant, and hopeless, leading to an abnormal life.
If left untreated, severe stress can lead to anxiety and despair, which can be hazardous.
5. Headaches: headaches are one of the most common health problems caused by stress. The majority of headaches are brought on by stress.
Stress can produce severe headaches, which can lead to migraines.
Content created and supplied by: Renowned (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More